Thread: FREE MP3 programs?

ROZ
    I need one. What do you guys recommend?

572Daytona
    What are you looking for something to play MP3's or create them from your CD's? Winamp is probably one of the better players, I think you need to to pay if you want to make your own MP3's using it though.

ROZ
    I want to rip, burn, and store music. I never had a use for it until now...

572Daytona
    Windows Media Player v9 can do all of that and it's free. The only problem is that it creates .wma files and not mp3's. A lot of the portable players support wma as well as mp3 so that might not be an issue. I think there are also plugins available for WMP that will convert to MP3. Personally I use the program that came with my mp3 player to create my mp3's.

Cheap Thrills
    Here ya go .
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ (It's FREE !)
    be sure to get the WMA plugin also .
    as to a burning program , 6 of one half dozen of the other as far as mp3 are concerned.
    If your program doesnt offer a MP3 option, just select DATA mode that'll do it .
    C.T. :wink:

locogringo
    ROZ, I have all my CD's MP3-ripped on my hard drive (and then some) and I won't use anything but RealPlayer but that's just me.
    When you make MP3's as a data file on your CD, you can have it categorized by album or CD. Also, when doing MP3's as a non-data burn, you can have them cross-fade from song to song for continous river mojo with no breaks in between songs.

AgentX85239
    I found itunes to be easy to use, free too. If you have a lot of cds you want to rip, itunes organizes them pretty well.
    http://www.apple.com/itunes
    it works for PC too, not just mac

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by locogringo
    ROZ, I have all my CD's MP3-ripped on my hard drive (and then some) and I won't use anything but RealPlayer but that's just me.
    When you make MP3's as a data file on your CD, you can have it categorized by album or CD. Also, when doing MP3's as a non-data burn, you can have them cross-fade from song to song for continous river mojo with no breaks in between songs.
    You're right. You're the only person using Real Player for anything.

I use dbpoweramp too and Music Match to sort them.

beyondhelpin
    I like Roxio. Pretty good program. A little expensive. But it will do anything from cleaning up the pops and hiss off of album to the burning of mp3s.