Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 27' Advantage Victory

Advantage
    Hot Boaters,
    I need your assistance. I am in the process of purchasing a boat. Much like Stingray with the 28' Sunsation, I am unsure about which manufacturer to pursue. I have read about several manufacturers including Advantage. The salesmen considers the Advantage the Ferrari of boating, of course. C'mon, is this true?! Does anyone know the performance numbers for a 27' Victory Closed Deck with either the 502 Mag (415 HP) or its 494 HO (425 HP) replacement? Also, how does this boat handle the rough water?
    I can get a 27' Victory with a 496 HO powerplant, refrigerator, shore power, sink, blender, cockpit cover, choice of exhaust, and my own paint job for about $70K. Does this seem like a fair price relative to the competition?
    I appreciate your feedback regarding my questions.

Zombie
    Have you researched Eliminators? I have a 250
    Eagle and love it. It's great in the chop, flies over it. Awesome gelcoat, fit and finish, and weight.

Advantage
    Zombie,
    Thanks for the tip! I'll look at Eliminators and see what they have to offer. I suspect there are several great manufacturers. Dare I say Baja. I primarily boat on the Mississippi in Minnesota. The muscle boat market here is dominated by Formula, Baja, and an occassional Fountain. I want something different; something that will kick those Baja's butts. By the way, what sort of powerplant configuration are you running in your 25' Eliminator? What's kind of top end to you achieve? Thanks.

Zombie
    Advantage, my boat, with a stock 454 mag, 26 pitch 4 blade Bravo 1 prop, in 2ft chop achieved 74.2 mph on GPS! Sounds unbelievable doesn't it. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing it, and am glad I did. I also was in the market for a Baja (Hammer), but after doing the math and seeing the difference in quality, the choice became clear. My buddy has a 252 Baja Islander, 454 mag+Procharger, and I still beat him soundly. P.S. the 252 is now for sale! I can't say enough about their step hulls and gelcoat. I like having something different, there are alot of Bajas out there.

Advantage
    Wow, that's fast for a 25' boat with a 454 Mag! Perhaps I'll give Eliminators a more thorough look. All my friends run Baja's from 21' Hammers to 33' Outlaws. It would be great to have something unique, not to mention kick their butts. Thanks for the information. Ha, your buddy with the Baja feels shame -- that's why he's selling. Do you mind telling me what kind of options you purchased with your boat?

mydonzi
    You don't sound sold yet! Don't rush! Shop and above all ride, like I told Stingray, numbers all sound good, especially from a dealer, hell even everyones posts about speeds on GPS. seeing + believing=buying!
    I owned a Formula and moved up to a Donzi 28' and she rocks, but I only bought after a trip to Florida and an awesome ride in what I would buy!
    By the way, Baja's look GREAT over my shoulder!
    Good luck and happy boating! Dan

Advantage
    No, I've read the reports of your boat in Stingray's conversations. You have an impressive Donzi. Are you running twin 350 Mags? Believe me, I am not buying a Baja like all my buds. I want to show up on the river one calm summer day and kick the living snot out of them. Have you read or know about the Advantage line of boats? What do you think of them?

B-rad502
    Try the message board on arizona***boats.com. They have a recent post from Chad who has a new 27 Victory with an 800 hp Paul Pfaff motor. He does not sound too impressed with the boat. I've heard that the 27 takes A LOT of power to go fast at all. For 70k you could get a loaded down Sleekcraft 28 or a Magic 29 which are real nice boats. Do your research! Good luck!

Advantage
    Man, I can't thank you enough. I checked out your recommendation and Chad is not a satisfied customer. His 27' Victory fell well below his performance expectations. I went one step further and talked to Chad on the phone. His 27' Victory is not at all like Advantage's 32' Victory Factory II racer; of course, that's what the salesmen would have you believe. The 27' hull is simply not designed for speeds in excess of 70 mph. Thanks again for the information. I guess it's back to the drawing board. If only I could afford the 32' Victory with twin 500 EFI's (94.7 mph). Perhaps I'll look at Sunsation.

Zombie
    Advantage, my boat came with all the goodies except for the stereo, which I wanted to do myself. Take a look at the Sunsations, they are great looking boats, and reasonably priced. One of the things I didn't care for though, was how narrow the boat is. The cockpit is really cramped.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast