Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mild blower cam ??

BLOWN BBF
    I'm putting together a 460 Ford with primarily stock parts. Plan on running a 6-71 with only 5lbs of boost. It's going into a 18' Caribbean with Dominator jet with Place Diverter .More show than go. Wondering what cam would work best for a mild application. I've heard that somone makes whats called a "jet cam"? But probably not for blower application. Any input will be greatly appreciated !!!

Blown 472
    Depends on you combo for one, but if you are looking for an off the shelf cam get something with a 112 to 114 lobe sep. If this a show and not really a go dealio pick some hydraulic unit and have fun.

DUCKY
    Go with a split pattern(more lift and duration on the exhaust) hydraulic that meets your expectation for RPM, and has a wider (112-114) lobe center. If your motor is not going to be wild, then don't cam it wild. The split pattern helps get the forced in air out of the motor, and the wider lobe separation helps keep you from loosing boost in the overlap.

BLOWN BBF
    Thanks for the advice! I have a neighbore that's a retired machinest who's built a couple of blown engines. I figure with about 90% his help and 90% Forum input and 2% from me, I should end up with a good looking ride with just enough WOT to get me kicked off the lake.

Blown 472
    What is your combo? what blower intake you going to use??

BLOWN BBF
    After nearly a year of watching the classifides I've decided to bite the bullet and contact BDS for an 8-71 entire kit. jawdrop

Blown 472
    BLOWN BBF:
    After nearly a year of watching the classifides I've decided to bite the bullet and contact BDS for an 8-71 entire kit. jawdrop WHat is it going to cost you?

BLOWN BBF
    For me it's an awful big bullet to bite but, around 3,200

Blown 472
    BLOWN BBF:
    For me it's an awful big bullet to bite but, around 3,200 Does that come with the blue thunder intake or some welded up thing?

Blown 472
    I was just in their site and they say you have to run a flat cap, which means get another dist probably a mallory since no body makes a flat cap for a ford dist or an msd, been there done that.
    The blue thunder intake will clear a stock ford dist with the small diameter cap. If you dont get the idler arm set up I can set you up with a plate that bolts to the front of the motor that the idler mounts to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast