Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blythe claims another Impeller

Danhercules
    Last trip of the year last year we went to Blythe. Had a great trip untill we floated down river where it was shallow and bumped across a rock bar. I got the boat in deeper water and reached up the intake to check to see if anything was up there. I could not feel anything so I fired her up and went on my way. Long story short, the boat cavitated real bad so I knew somthing was wrong. The rock did come out and the boat ran again. So I finnished the weekend. After taking the boat out of the water Sat eve, I crawled under and looked. There was a small ding on the cutting edge of the imp. No worries I thought, I ran her all day sunday.
    Today Hack Job and Flat Broke helped me take the imp out. Accually they did all the work, I only have one good hand, just had surgery. Everyone knows that you need to hold a beer in one hand, and a tool in the other, so I let Flat and Hack hold the tools. LOL THANKS GUYS.
    Here is the damage.
    This is what your transum adapter looks like after you sink your boat at Elisnore.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ransum-med.jpg
    Lots of crap in there for sure!!!!
    Here is what we found after the bowl came off.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...63Imp1-med.jpg
    Here is a closer look.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...63imp2-med.jpg
    Then we saw by the wear ring. OUCH!!!!!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...63imp3-med.jpg

Dan sorry for the misfortune This only means one thing, when it's fixed it's going to be faster! :crossx:
    Sleek

Brooski
    Dan sorry for the misfortune This only means one thing, when it's fixed it's going to be faster! :crossx:
    Sleek
    He will have to be if he plans to keep up with me.......lol

victorfb
    holy bageeeezzzus... thats some serious wear. sorry to hear about the damage dan, but im sure chris and tyson will set you up no problem. after looking at that impellers edge, you may want to check the shaft aswell. not sure why i see raw aluminum on one side like that. but it wouldnt hurt to check it for striaghtness.

Cas
    what was the change in rpm from before damage to after?
    sorry to see that sort of thing.

Squirtin Thunder
    Sorry Dan that was an on going problem. There was no way that that happened in one weekend while holding a beer. Well the rock damage yes but not the wasted thrust bearing and bowl bushing.
    BTW-you will be faster now

Hey there is that putty knife you have been looking for!! LOL
    Sleek

v-drive
    Hmmm, I knew Blythe wasn't safe for v-drives but now it seems the same goes for jets. v-drive :coffeycup

Wicked Performance Boats
    Perfect definition of wear & tear. You needed a pump rebuild anyway. Blue print the pump while it's apart. Good luck Budlight

Danhercules
    what was the change in rpm from before damage to after?
    sorry to see that sort of thing.
    Not sure. I did not run the boat that hard after the rocks. I felt a vibration so I did not want to push it. I am guessing the wear either came from a stuck rock, or the vibrations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast