Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie w/ a question

slink
    Hello everyone, Been standing on the shore for awhile and decided to jump in the water.
    From what I've been reading, it seems like there are alot of knowledgeable boaters out there, so I thought I might pose a question and get some advise before I make my final decision.
    I've spent the last 15 years in a 21' Hocking (know Howard's mold). The Boss has given permission to step up to a 24' or 25' to help out w/ the growing family, on two conditions. It can't go over 75 mph (2yr old daughter) or over $60K. I've been looking at the 24'Aftershock Tremor w/496 HO and a 25' Shockwave Tremor w/ 496 (HO puts me over budget ) What do you guys think. I've read alot about the Shockwave but not too much about the Afterschock. P.S I spend most of my time on the strip w/ occassional trips to the lake. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeff

noise pollution
    .k...lets get somthing straight..I.M the king newbie around here,
    and I have a few questions,
    1. have you ever had male sex???
    2. do you have a bran muffin fixation
    3. have you ever had male sex while eating a bran muffin
    4.are you lying??
    5.have you driven a Ford ....lately

jackpunx
    Do you want new or used?

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Well if you like the 25' Shockwave I'd personally buy Barry's boat. He's selling it cheap right now, and it was built for him, being that he's part of the company you can assume that all the little things are done over the top.
    Click this link here, and call Shockwave ask for Barry. That boat with all the options I think was over 70 grand?
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/6/67200646.htm
    RD
    What he said! That is one hell of a good deal on an over the top boat!

rivercrazy
    If you want some feedback on the Shockwave 25, PM me. I have one with the 496HO and couldn't be happier!

MsDrmr
    HEY is'nt there a rule against the newbies asking the pros questions anyway? :wink:

TrojanDan
    Definitely buy used if possible. You won't have to deal with the wait plus the headache of coming up with a gel scheme. We bought our boat when it was about 6 months old and saved a grip of $$$.
    The 25 Shockwave is a very nice boat.

RUCAV
    Might want to consider Ultra. They're 247 XS and 24 Stealth with the 496 Mag are gith there speedwise and money wise. I spent a total of about 9 months looking for my boat. I looked at both the shockwave and aftershock. Jeff from Aftershock is very cool and easy do deal with. I just liked what the folks on HB said about Ultra and after dealing with them, they are a good group of people. John West does do some sick designs and great gel coat.
    Also, they have locations in Norco, OC and San Diego. Give em a shot. Good luck. Anything you buy now you'll be picking up in mid summer I bet.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Originally posted by noise pollution
    .k...lets get somthing straight..I.M the king newbie around here,
    and I have a few questions,
    1. have you ever had male sex???
    2. do you have a bran muffin fixation
    3. have you ever had male sex while eating a bran muffin
    4.are you lying??
    5.have you driven a Ford ....lately
    I take it these are the questions you anwered yes to most when you became someones new member.

HighRoller
    I would agree that you'll get the most bang for your buck buying a used Ultra. Shockwave and the other builders make nice boats, but they still can't compare to Ultra in the styling department.(IMO) There's quite a few 247XS Ultras on the Boat Trader website right now, and even a 23 XS. You also can't beat Ultra's resale value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast