Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Boats ?

surfer2001
    So ,what's the word on this manufacture? In particular the 28 Foot Cat.

Kachina26
    Hold on, time to get the popcorn.

dicudmore
    just like the rest of them. some like 'em, some don't.
    I personally like the looks of the 28 cat but do not and will not own of their boats.

RiverToysJas
    They are a "value" builder.
    RTJas

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Hold on, time to get the popcorn.
    lol....I was thinking the same thing.

surfer2001
    Friend of mine is looking to get a bank repo 28 foot Cat with 20 hours. How does 34,000 sound ?

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by surfer2001
    So ,what's the word on this manufacture? In particular the 28 Foot Cat.
    I owned a Commander for the past 5 years. hasd some problems early on but they got resolved. You will get a varied opinion here concerning Commander. The experience I had was a pretty good one. The boat did what they said it would, was very quick, had a great gel coat and I got to know Sy over the years. If I ever had a problem Sy got it taken care of.
    That said....I just sold my Commander 2300LX for a little less than I paid for it. I was always very demanding of the care and maintenance and the person who bought it new this. It was an easy sell for me.
    I went with a Shockwave 25 foot Tremor because I wanted to handle the rougher water better. The servie that Barry has given me over there at Shockwave has been very attentive. I have not put it in the water yet but I expect it to provide me with many hours of trouble free boating.
    Just remember that whatever stories you hear to see thru a lot of stuff. Was the experience first hand or not? It gets like a snowball in here at times.
    I suggest taking the cat out and take other cats out and judge for yourself.
    Rivjas is right that Commander is a "value" builder.

C-2
    ????
    Not that many of the 28 Cats out there. What's it look like, maybe somebody (or everybody) on this board might be familiar with it. A repo may not be a good deal if the person purposely let it go back to the bank if ya know whadda I mean.

OGShocker
    This thread would have BLOWN UP on the SandBar.
    Tell your "buddy" to drive every boat he wants to buy. Find the boat that fits him best. Tell him to READ, to do his home work.
    My .02
    OGS

Ducatista
    That sounds like a good deal if the boat & motor/drive are not trashed. Those are big good lookin' cats IMO. What kind of power? 34k could be sweet..........depending on condition and age.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast