Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to get out of Jury Duty

buzzaro
    This method will still cost you one day and you have to go to the courthouse, but unless you dont live in the county, are over 70 or under 18 i think its the only legal option.
    When you get up in the box and the lawyers (defense and prosecuting) start asking questions, be HONEST and HAVE AN OPINION. One of the two attorneys wont like it and get rid of your ass. Theres another question they ask: If you dont agree with a law will you be able to fairly and impartially judge on guilt or innocence based on the facts of the case. For instance (this was the case I was selected for), if a homeless guy is sleeping in his car and is drunk, should he be guilty of DUI? "Do you think that the letter of the says hes guilty then hes guilty or do you think that the law is retarded and hes innocent" is the question that they are asking. So whatever you do, dont just sit there and nod your head or youll get stuck in the 12pack.

SoCalSouthpaw
    Uhhhh, Thanks bro but I have had luck with my method.....5 times over.
    I just dont even show the f**k up. Yeah, I know what the law says. But, I have never heard from anyone for not showin' up.

buzzaro
    Uhhhh, Thanks bro but I have had luck with my method.....5 times over.
    I just dont even show the f**k up. Yeah, I know what the law says. But, I have never heard from anyone for not showin' up.
    LOL, i was wondering what happens because of the 95 people that were called for the group I was in only 22 showed up, we were the 10am group and had to come back to be part of the 1pm group.

little rowe boat
    Just don't show up. It works every time.

SummitKarl
    in California
    Self employed, sole source of income

Captain Dan
    Just don't show up. It works every time.
    I know a lot of people that ignore the summons. If I were to do that, I'm sure I would be made an example of and the Sheriff would come knockin'.

ThongMagnet
    Where ever he lay his hat is is home. I'd find him not guilty of DUI, but of a lesser charge of vagrancy.
    Not Guilty!!! If LE can't get it right, then I'd let the drunk go.

buzzaro
    in California
    Self employed, sole source of income
    A couple people tried that one in the courtroom and basically the judge just gave them a postponement rather than a dismissal.

buzzaro
    Where ever he lay his hat is is home. I'd find him not guilty of DUI, but of a lesser charge of vagrancy.
    Not Guilty!!! If LE can't get it right, then I'd let the drunk go.
    Im not sure of the circumstances surrounding the actual arrest, no one laid them out. This is just what I gathered from the attorneys questions to the jurors.

SurfOnH20
    Next to taxes this is the next thing everyone hates to do. Just go and get it over with. You just might find it interesting and fun...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast