Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canfield or AFR Heads

22Daytona
    I just smoked a piston in my Procharged 502MPI so I am in the process of upgrading. Just wondering if anyone has tried the new AFR big block heads? I am torn as to whether to go with the AFRs or Canfields.
    I am planning on staying with the smaller port volume due to lack of low end torque with the Procharger since I have enough trouble planing as it is. I know! I should have gone Whipple!

carreraboat
    canfields hands down you can pick them up for about 1500. and some change in my opionion the best alum. head for the money

Sangster
    We run a set of Aluminum Canfields on our Dragboats..Very happy with them also.... wink

Jrocket
    Since your motor is Procharged I would go with what ever ones you get a better deal on.If you were aspirated I would try the Canfields.You can get excellent flow numbers out of them both,but you really dont need alot of port and chamber work with a Procharger.

22Daytona
    Carrera,
    First of all thanks for the input. Secondly, who is selling Canfields that low? I have only been able to find them for around $2100 fully assembled with inconels etc.
    Several people have told me to stay away from the Manley valves and to only use Fereas. Alot of the people selling fully assembled heads are using Manley. What is everbody's experience here?

Liberator TJ1984
    I bought a set of Pro Topline 320 cc runner heads fully assembled w/parts I specified for $1850 delivered . have flow chart on them if you would like to see. Very comparable to Dart Pro 1 for less $$$. But they are all good,reason I went with them is AFR gave me a waiting time of 6mos. on their 345cc heads.
    Gopherrr

carreraboat
    Call doug herbert i think they have the lowest prices on canfields that i have seen they have a web site as well
    good luck
    if you cant find a number let me know i will try and find it for you
    bo

22Daytona
    Liberator - I looked at the Pro Topline heads but I think I would like to stay with the smaller Intake runner due to lack of bottom end punch.
    Carrera - I will call Doug Herbert in the morning. I did find their number on their website but that's about all they have on it. Thanks for the info.

Whipple Charged
    I think the AFR's would be the best choice, but all are better than stock and will allow more tolerance for leaner air fuel mixtures and cylinder pressure. It's important that you stay with the 119cc combustion chamber.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

22Daytona I bought a pair of Canfields (113cc chamb, 350cc Runner) last year and they seem to work Bitchen. The runners are a little big for my application right now but I plan making use of there size for sure next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast