Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canfield or AFR Heads

22Daytona
    Dustin - Thanks for the reply. The main reason for the head change is to try to make it more reliable, but as always horsepower is very important. Sorry about the wrong blower decision, I have been regretting it since '99. What has been your experience with the different valve manufacturers? I am getting a mix of opinions lately and I would guess that you have at least as much experience as anyone on the board.
    Carrera - Herbert Performance is definitely cheaper than anyone I could find. Thanks for the suggestion.

blowngas
    22Daytona:
    Dustin - Thanks for the reply. The main reason for the head change is to try to make it more reliable, but as always horsepower is very important. Sorry about the wrong blower decision, I have been regretting it since '99. What has been your experience with the different valve manufacturers? I am getting a mix of opinions lately and I would guess that you have at least as much experience as anyone on the board.
    Carrera - Herbert Performance is definitely cheaper than anyone I could find. Thanks for the suggestion. go with at least a severe duty stainless from manley or equivlent---11/32 stem reduces some weight---not sure what rpms you spin your motor---make sure the springs match your cam exactly---while your buying new heads, go with at least a .100 longer valve in case you want to install a hotter bump stick down the road---if you do, be sure and check for correct pushrod length----best way to buy heads is bare and then put in the parts to match your application ----you can save some money that way----ain't buying aftermarket parts fun????

22Daytona
    Blowngas - The guys at Herbert will actually match everything up to what you want and then do the assembly. It is significantly cheaper buying it that way from them, then just buying the bare heads and the parts. The only thing I haven't been able to get them to do is upgrade the exhaust valves from a Severe Duty to an Inconel. How safe am I running the Severe Duty, since you suggested it? My feeling is that since I am running this in a 22' Daytona and never hold it at WOT very long I'm not sure it's necessary, but I would love a second/third/fourth/etc. opinion.

carreraboat
    glad i could help good luck with your project how bout some pics

Fiat48
    Competition Products http://www.primediapowerpages.com/cg...titionproducts
    used to have the best price on canfield heads. They run specials advertisied in National Dragster quite often. You may want to check their price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12