Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad time to buy a river house?

victorfb
    Just wanted to hear some opinions on buying a river house right now. i know its a "sellers" market, but im not so sure the prices will come down much either. they havnt in the past. they are just going up faster now. im looking in the needles area. cant afford water front, but something close would be nice.

TheLurker
    Try looking at that Marina Coves Directly across the river from Needles. Seems like it is still a good value and they are in the process of putting in their own launch ramp.
    Also I dont know him but I thought I saw a post where Charley was selling a house in Tangerine terrace???

victorfb
    thanks. ill definatly look there. not sure who charley is nor the tangerine terrace area, but look into that aswell. thanks again. good info.

TheLurker
    Originally posted by victorfb
    thanks. ill definatly look there. not sure who charley is nor the tangerine terrace area, but look into that aswell. thanks again. good info.
    Go to the Cats & Tunnels section and look near the bottom of the page and look for the thread starter "Charley - River home for sale"
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=41733
    P.S. Marina Coves used to have a web sight and I think the prices were low 200's to mid 300's

victorfb
    oh ok, now im feeling stupid as useuall. i had talked to charley allready about his place and we will be checking it and the area out next weekend. thanks for the help.

TheLurker
    From the pics it is a nice looking pad. Hope you find something you like. We might end up being neighbors.

Danhercules
    Now is a bad time to buy cause of the prices, the interest rates are killer. If the prices have not gone down, that means they will only go up. So, if rates are good, and the prices are gonna go up, duh, BUY!!!

I found out a few things while researching my place. Yes, there is a seasonal rise in RE prices (that's why I was looking in Nov/Dec). Think of it like buying a boat. Buy it in the off season for the best price. That said, the DIFFERENCE between RE and a boat is that if you've done your homework, the RE will appreciate, whereas a boat seldom does. You can still find a good deal if you have a good agent, and you think outside the box. Long term, a good investment is still a good investment. It all depends on when you jump in as to how much $$$ you make.
    One thing is for sure. If you DON'T jump in, you won't make ANYTHING. The big bennie is that you can hang at the river while it appreciates. Aint THAT a bummer!

victorfb
    im with roostwear. we are definatly looking long term and not just into it for the profit. we want a river home that we can enjoy for many many years. i remember 15 years ago people saying the same thing about prices, interest rates, the whole deal. the only thing is that the prices were WAYYYYYYY lower. if only i was able to buy then. even if i would have gotten a terrible deal, id still be way ahead now. but then again, whats the point? we want to keep it and enjoy it. i say as long as you can afford it and like it, buy it. who cares if the guy down the way got his for less. you still have one, and thats the beauty of it all.
    p.s. thanks mike for hooking us up with Debbie. we will be meeting with her this weekend. she is putting together a little package to help us with our searching. and of course im sure she will do a bit of searching herself.

surfer2001
    Buy deeded land & build, if you want to save $ & get exactly what you want.
    My place is 3/4 mile down from Parker Dam. The deeded land down there is almost gone NOW. Hurry
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ouse_1-med.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast