Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Im filling out the EDD form....

buzzaro
    and there are two questions with regards to race/ethnicity.
    One of them asks your ethnic identification and the other asks for race. How are these different? In the ethnic identifcation question there are two answers, you are
    A: Latino
    B: Not Latino
    hmmm, WTF?
    The second questions asks for your race, under which latino is not an option. Anyone know why latino is separated out as being so different from white, black, asian, indian?

bordsmnj
    i can't stand the fact that if you flip that form over it's written in SPANISH! **** that!

buzzaro
    i can't stand the fact that if you flip that form over it's written in SPANISH! **** that!
    Theyve got it on the web now, soooooo much more convenient

uvindex
    Anyone know why latino is separated out as being so different from white, black, asian, indian?It's because people who identify themselves as Latino can be any race. Think of Sammy Sosa, for example.

Devilman
    and there are two questions with regards to race/ethnicity.
    One of them asks your ethnic identification and the other asks for race. How are these different? In the ethnic identifcation question there are two answers, you are
    A: Latino
    B: Not Latino
    hmmm, WTF?
    The second questions asks for your race, under which latino is not an option. Anyone know why latino is separated out as being so different from white, black, asian, indian?
    Details... What's the EDD form?

uvindex
    Details... What's the EDD form?It's California's Employment Development Department (you deal with them if you're unemployed or training for a new job or for disability insurance and that kind of stuff.)

Devilman
    It's California's Employment Development Department (you deal with them if you're unemployed or training for a new job or for disability insurance and that kind of stuff.)
    I gotcha.... Thanks for the info.

buzzaro
    It's California's Employment Development Department (you deal with them if you're unemployed or training for a new job or for disability insurance and that kind of stuff.)
    In this case, unemployed. Had to take a week off of work for jury duty, which explains my other post of the day :rollside:

buzzaro
    It's because people who identify themselves as Latino can be any race. Think of Sammy Sosa, for example.
    Im not sure how you can be more than one race, explain more plz, i dont know a whole lot about Sammy Sosa outside of baseball

uvindex
    Im not sure how you can be more than one race, explain more plz, i dont know a whole lot about Sammy Sosa outside of baseballThis isn't me talking, it's the census and government people OK? (In other words, I didn't make this stuff up! ) The way the census and government forms people see it, a person can be black, for example, and still consider himself Latino. I mentioned Sammy Sosa 'cause his skin is very dark, but he's from the Dominican Republic and obviously Latino. Somebody from Mexico who is of Indian descent might check Indian for race and Latino for ethnicity. :boxed:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast