Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: anyone a fish lover

MsDrmr
    I have a male beta that seems to create bubbles and forms them together in one corner of his tank, anyone know why????

Chase
    He is saving them in case there is an air shortage later....

carbonmarine
    I do.
    He is getting horny & creating a spawning cover ....or just creating cover ..... He should be situated directly under the canopy of bubbles most of the time ..... its offers protection.
    Rick32

MRS FLYIN VEE
    this is true. the males make the bubbles and wait for a mate. it is normal i have two that do the same thing. I thought the water was dirty but it was just them waiting.

Freak
    yep get him a female. if they like each other they will spawn he then will take the eggs off the bottom of the tank and put them in the bubble nest to guard

Craig
    My wife has some of those fish at work. She said he's building a nest with the bubbles. The female apparently deposits her fertilized eggs on the floor of the tank and than the male takes them to the "nest" where they stay until they hatch.

Blown 472
    I have three pakos that are some sketchy ass fish, a tinfoil barb and algee eater, they dont make bubbles but knock the damn heater loose all the time. fockers.

78Eliminator
    Blown, you know that a Pako, is basically a piranah with no teeth, right?

Blown 472
    Originally posted by 78Eliminator
    Blown, you know that a Pako, is basically a piranah with no teeth, right?
    Yup, and the little ****ers sit at the end of the tank eye balling me while I am on my pc, I think they are thinking I am a big ol steak and should get in the tank with them.

78Eliminator
    My friend has Piranahs, they are actually really boring, that is, until feeding time

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast