Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duane @ HTP

blown428fe

Ken F
    Looks to me like that ought to fly Orville!
    Duane probably won't see your post until this evening, but this will get it TTT.
    Ken F

blown428fe
    Thanks Ken.

boater012
    would it stiffen the transom to have a say 3/8" stainless plate made to bolt inside the transom to stiffen it a little from the removal of the lower section???? doesnt seem to me that youd get the transom flex too much then?? just though someone might have a better understanding on this than I do!

American Turbine Man
    It has been my experience that placing the "bitting edge" of the shoe past the transom will cause the pump to cavitate in turns.
    ATM
    <*))))><{

jbone
    I'd look at improving that inlet hose, go braided. And if you must have a valve, put it inside the transom. It will make it harder for kids or someone else to tamper with.
    My set back is very similar. It is in a heavy Shockwave skier/502. My biting edge of the shoe is about a 1/2 inch behind the transome and I never have cavitation in turns.
    J

DEL51
    This will be a nice topic of discussion. I think it looks great! My previuos boat had a dominator 12s set back and the bolts that held down the hand hole were allen head capscrew. My cover was right up against the outside of the transom. My pump loaded hard. I wonder how the hull type plays into this and the intake design.

Duane HTP
    Your pictures make it look like that transom leans back a pretty good amount of degrees. I believe I'd move that pump forward until the back of the shoe opening is about even with the back of the hull bottom. That will probably put the hand hole a little bit in to the boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast