Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duane @ HTP

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I'd look at improving that inlet hose, go braided. And if you must have a valve, put it inside the transom. It will make it harder for kids or someone else to tamper with.
    Very good point! If It were mine I would cut the transom plates then drill a hole through them. Put a bulkhead fitting with a nut through it w/ loctite. Use a -8to3/8 fitting to the pump then a 90* hose end on a piece of -8 steel braided hose connected to another 90* fitting. That fitting would screw to the bulkhead. Then comming from the bulkhead -8 hose for about 2 or 3 feet into a gate valve. Then to the motor....
    If that hose beaks it can sink you!! I had one come off before and alot of water came in fast

SmokinLowriderSS
    The water inlet on my Berk F is a Stainless Steel pipe section, threaded on both ends. My gate valve is threaded directly onto the pipe end. No chance of high press water blowing off or bursting a line. Dad had the line blow of once racing another boat when it was the orriginal setup, nad fairly new. Dad changed it to this and has been trouble-free, nearing 3 decades now.

DEL51
    Your pictures make it look like that transom leans back a pretty good amount of degrees. I believe I'd move that pump forward until the back of the shoe opening is about even with the back of the hull bottom. That will probably put the hand hole a little bit in to the boat.
    Excellent point Duane. I was looking more at the amount of setback and not taking into consideration the intake openining as far as the shoe area is concerned.As I understand it , the water displacement and pressure from the hull will relieve itself once past the transom. Better pressure to the intake will occur with the intake shoe inside edge of the transom.

Duane HTP
    The back of the shoe opening is the fulcrum point of adjusting the attitude of the boat. It's easier to control at this point than if it is ahead or behind the transom. You get more response from, let's say, a 2 degree tapered shoe with the biting edge of the shoe close to even with the transom than if it were 4" forward.

blown428fe
    Duane And Others With Advice Thank You Very Much. As Far As The Hose Replies, Give Me A Fuc-ing Break. Are You That Stupid To Think I Would Run A Hose Set Up Like That? Wtf.i Wish I Could See Pictures Of You That Post On Here Cause It Would Narrow It Down From Dumb **** Post Whores Too People That Know Thier Shit. Grow The Fuc- Up.................kmwf-inga.............

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I guess I am a DUMB FUKKKKK!!!! If you wouldnt run that set up then why the hell do you even have it on there???????????????????????????????????? Before you slander some thats trying to help, learn to pull the idiotic shit off your pump before you post pics! Have a nice day assclown

Placecraft Dragstar
    I guess I am a DUMB FUKKKKK!!!! If you wouldnt run that set up then why the hell do you even have it on there???????????????????????????????????? Before you slander some thats trying to help, learn to pull the idiotic shit off your pump before you post pics! Have a nice day assclown :argue: He does have a point why even put it in the picture ASSCLOWN :220v:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    :argue: He does have a point why even put it in the picture ASSCLOWN :220v:
    Hey douchebag, screw you and your point :idea:

boater012
    Duane And Others With Advice Thank You Very Much. As Far As The Hose Replies, Give Me A Fuc-ing Break. Are You That Stupid To Think I Would Run A Hose Set Up Like That? Wtf.i Wish I Could See Pictures Of You That Post On Here Cause It Would Narrow It Down From Dumb **** Post Whores Too People That Know Thier Shit. Grow The Fuc- Up.................kmwf-inga.............
    I dont think 396 was trying to offend you at all dude he was just noticing something that ive personally seen done several times. he hasnt met you or seen your work before. if you read his post he didnt call you names or say that your a dumbass. he simply stated what HE would do if he was putting that setup together. I dont think he meant to offend anyone until you called him a moron for suggestiong something that would make your boat safer!!!
    plenty of people come on here every day with questions like: hey can I run this setup without a problem???? and they post a picture of what you did and they are asking if a piece of high pressure water hose clamped on to a barbed brass valve will work??? NOONE was clowning you dude!!!!!! :argue:
    I was going to mention it myself when I first read your post! But I saw that 396 already had so I figured you got the idea. less hostility towards those who are concerned about wether or not your boat sinks might be better in the future!!! personally I think that to respond like isnt cool!! If 396 and I were standing there with a cold beer helping you do this job and you talked to us that way in person, ID help him kick your ass!!! :crossx: :skull:

jbone
    Are You That Stupid To Think I Would Run A Hose Set Up Like That? Wtf.i Wish I Could See Pictures Of You That Post On Here Cause It Would Narrow It Down From Dumb **** Post Whores Too People That Know Thier Shit.
    Like said, We were simply trying to help.
    I sent you some pics. I don't think I'm a Dumb **** Post *****, nor to I profess to Know My Shit, so based on the pics, can lyou let me know where I fit in?
    Thanks,
    J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast