Thread: Hard start

Buckwheat
    1993 Fountain twin 502 EFI's. Both engines start easy when cold but one starts hard after up to operating temp. Runs fine after started. No smoke after starting so I dont think it's flooded. Acts more like it's lean. Anyone have any ideas.
    Thanks.

Kindsvater Flat
    low fuel pressure, tps, blah blah blah and the list goes on. Could be as simple as a bad ground.

Dr. Eagle
    Hows the fuel filter look?

1979tarva
    is your hard start like a slow crank? or something else it could be as simple as the starter heat soaking and not working well or a bad battery.

Buckwheat
    Engine cranking speed is normal. I think maybe fuel pressure is not holding while engine is turned off. Although they both started quickly when cold. I may have to take it to a dealer so they can hook up to the computer to check sensor inputs. I just bought the boat and havent gotten it home yet so havent had time to check anything out myself. I do know it has new fuel filters. We have Tech II's at work to check the computer system on cars and trucks but I doubt it will interface to the computer on the Merc/Chevy 502.
    Anyway thanks to all for any input.

Kindsvater Flat
    Buckwheat:
    Engine cranking speed is normal. I think maybe fuel pressure is not holding while engine is turned off. Although they both started quickly when cold. I may have to take it to a dealer so they can hook up to the computer to check sensor inputs. I just bought the boat and havent gotten it home yet so havent had time to check anything out myself. I do know it has new fuel filters. We have Tech II's at work to check the computer system on cars and trucks but I doubt it will interface to the computer on the Merc/Chevy 502.
    Anyway thanks to all for any input. I'm sure its not OBDII compliant but there has to be a simple way to connect. I wonder if the snappy scanner with the early multi connector wound connect to it. I would start by checking fuel pressure. Check both static and cranking. I had a GM tuck fall within spec for static but cranking it would fall way below spec.