Thread: Problem With a Pair Of 450 CFM Holleys?????

Dans66Stevens
    I have a BBC with a tunnel ram with two 450 cfm Holleys. If I take and just try to give it gas fast it always stumbles. I have to kinda feather the gas a little. Im pretty sure I already know the answer. I think I need more sqiuter volume. Im wondering if a 50cc would fix my problem. It alwats seams to be lean at the off idle spot.When its warmed up it gets a little better but still is not right. Thanks Dan

GofastRacer
    Your'e right, it needs bigger squirters, try 31's, I ran that setup before, you shouldn't need 50cc pumps though also, make sure that the slightest movement of the throttle will activate the pumps if not, it will fall on it's face...Hope this helps....

Thunderbutt
    Dan , thorgh the 450's in the lake and get 750 or 650 dbl pumpers Originally posted by Dans66Stevens:
    I have a BBC with a tunnel ram with two 450 cfm Holleys. If I take and just try to give it gas fast it always stumbles. I have to kinda feather the gas a little. Im pretty sure I already know the answer. I think I need more sqiuter volume. Im wondering if a 50cc would fix my problem. It alwats seams to be lean at the off idle spot.When its warmed up it gets a little better but still is not right. Thanks Dan

Dans66Stevens
    Im sure are right about the 450s but they are brand new. I will make them work one way or another. It runs great wide open, but just stumbles on the bottom!

Buoy smasher
    Dan, those 450's can work just fine. If the motor has a lean stumble off idle you might try to change the link between the primaries and secondaries too one that will open the secondaries a little slower. Soft progressive. Bill mitchell hard core sells a bunch of little parts for hollys. Try it, I think it'll help. I'm not framilliar with 450's , but you may be able to bend the link to do the same thing.