Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for some dove heads

hack job
    ok guys i am looking for a set of dove heads not d3ve heads, i need the higher comepresions ones. any one have a set that they want to dump?

Call this dude. . .number should be good. He deals in Ford only stuff, salvage yard to... 304 562 6974. Grady Lowe, he is in WV.
    Chris

LakesOnly
    Hack Job,
    I have a friend in Pasadena that has several pair. C8VE-A, C9VE-A and D0VE-A and D0VE-C. $200/pair. You can buy these rebuildable cores "as-is" bare or assembled for $200, and/or he can rebuild them for you stock or modified for additonal costs.
    Personally, I prefer the C8 and C9's over the D0VE's...but everyone thinks "Dove" is the hot set-up. All the above heads are essentially the same cofiguration, in regards to valve sizes, port sizes/location and combustion chamber size and shape, etc.
    He is out of town for two more weeks as he moves the last of his belongings back to Pasadena from Michigan. Contact me if you're interested and I'll hook you up.
    Paul

Danhercules
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Hack Job,
    I have a friend in Pasadena that has several pair. C8VE-A, C9VE-A and D0VE-A and D0VE-C. $200/pair. You can buy these rebuildable cores "as-is" bare or assembled for $200, and/or he can rebuild them for you stock or modified for additonal costs.
    Personally, I prefer the C8 and C9's over the D0VE's...but everyone thinks "Dove" is the hot set-up. All the above heads are essentially the same cofiguration, in regards to valve sizes, port sizes/location and combustion chamber size and shape, etc.
    He is out of town for two more weeks as he moves the last of his belongings back to Pasadena from Michigan. Contact me if you're interested and I'll hook you up.
    Paul
    Its where I got mine!!

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Danhercules
    Its where I got mine!!
    By the way Hercules, when will we see that boat in the water again?
    LO

nelsonf
    I have a Rebuildable pair WIth New Studs Guideplates not installed allready have a Double spring not sure of the Spring
    Pressure let me know if intrested oh one is a C8VE and one is a C9VE same head just one a 68 & the other a 69

Danhercules
    By the way Hercules, when will we see that boat in the water again?
    LO
    I am hopin not this weekend, but the next.

beached 1
    Hack Job,
    Paul
    I was under the assumption that C8's, C9's and D0's are the same.. if not can anyone explain what is different?
    also, what is the difference between the D0VE-C vs. the D0VE-A?
    thanks,

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by beached 1
    I was under the assumption that C8's, C9's and D0's are the same.. if not can anyone explain what is different?
    Also, what is the difference between the D0VE-C vs. the D0VE-A?
    thanks,
    They are all essentially the same configuration in regards to valve sizes, port sizes/location and combustion chamber size and shape, etc. The numbers cast along the pan rail simply denote minor engineering changes.
    In fact, what Nelsonf said above is true: his pair of C8VE and C9VE heads is a perfectly acceptable pair of great heads.
    Due to the addition of the Thermactor smog pump in 1970, some D0VE heads have the passages drilled out in the Thermactor (A.I.R.) bosses ("smog bumps"), and it is best to tap and plug these when porting. This is not an issue with the C8 and C9 heads.
    Some of the D0VE heads I have mentioned in my above post are indeed the undrilled, non-Thermactor D0VE heads, so grab 'em while you can...
    LO

beached 1
    Some of the D0VE heads I have mentioned in my above post are indeed the undrilled, non-Thermactor D0VE heads, so grab 'em while you can...
    LO
    I did notice the drilled hole in my set of D3VE's, but not in my D0's.
    once again, thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast