Thread: one more dumb question

nftuatn
    ok i hear all this stuff about place diverters,,is it what gives the pump reverse or is it something totally diffrent???like i said im a painter not a boat expert lol

its another adjustment to the nozzle, UP-n-down, some buy it for the sole purpose of having a rooster tail ,but it is there to give the boat a better ride!

Aluminum Squirt
    Place divereters have nothing to do with reverse. They change the exit angle of the water from the pump in an up/down direction (aka-not steering). This provides a PD equipped jet with the ability to fire off a huge rooster tail. It allows you to put the nozzle down for getting a good holeshot (quick) and put the nozzle up for airing the boat out (speed). It allows you to adjust the attitude of the boat based on wind conditions, water conditions, fuel load, weight of the boat, etc, etc. The less boat touching the water, the faster you can go-less drag. For a lake jet, it is probably one of the most useful tools you can invest in. They can be controlled either hydraulicly from a switch on your dash or steering wheel or mechanically with a level that looks sort of like a big shifter. They generally cost around $500-700 and many parts are available such as rudders, variable nozzles, gauges etc. Hope this helped-Aluminum Squirt

speaking of which i have two floor mount controls for sale, one is polished and the other is brand new and is stock black in color!
    Polished: 180.00
    stock: 180.00
    both are in great cond.
    if interested you can call me at 626-839-8846
    todd

82SleekCraft
    Get one and you can also do this.
    http://www.placediverter.com/media/2ROOSTERS.jpg