Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non boat question about plastic

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Can you sand plastic and make it visible? The reason I am asking is because some asshole at work put superglue on my $400 pair of versace sunglasses and I cant get it off I was thinking about sanding the lense with 1500 grit then 2000 then buffing it out. Do you guys think it will work? I really dont want to thrash these glasses. Someone help me out!!!!!!!

I wouldnt mess with it. Take them to a eye glass place and have them hook you up. It might cost a few bucks but they should be able to handle it. And then go kick whoever did it in the junk.:wink:
    F.J.

schiada96
    Send them back to the mfg they will help with a replacement lens.
    Then hand the bill to your friend at work.

Cas
    why are they $400.00 with plastic lenses?

blown428fe
    Try some Never Dull metal polish. Try it on a piece of lexon or plexy first. One of my workers spashed some paint onto one of my snow plow lights, then took laqure thinner to it and ate up the plastic lense. It made it all foggy, tried never dull and it cleaned it right up. Never Dull also saved him from a good beating,thats some good chit.

blown428fe
    Whats up with $400.00 sun glasses at work? Are they prescrition or something?

quiet riot
    they have a polish for plastic that is used like rouge or other compounds for polishing metal. Check with whomever you can get buffing compounds from. I've had great results removing scratches from plexiglass/lexan with it.
    jd

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I called versace in italy and they dont have replacement lens for my sunglasses. I heard that if you freeze it the superglue will flake off. i am going to keep searchin.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Originally posted by Cas
    why are they $400.00 with plastic lenses?
    thats a good question! maybe some fashion thing

riverbound
    Go to a hobby store there is a product that is a release for super glue, it used used when you stick your fingers together. try that before you bust out the sand paper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast