Thread: Trailer tires

phebus
    If a trailer has 225/70-15 tires, and you want to go to a low profile tire, what size would work best? I need to go a little lower to be able to put the boat in a standard 7' garage door. As it sits, it is the same heigth as the door opening, so just a little would work, but the more the better as long as it doesn't compromise anything.
    Thanks

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by phebus
    If a trailer has 225/70-15 tires, and you want to go to a low profile tire, what size would work best? I need to go a little lower to be able to put the boat in a standard 7' garage door. As it sits, it is the same heigth as the door opening, so just a little would work, but the more the better as long as it doesn't compromise anything.
    Thanks
    A 60 or 50 series in the same 225mm width will lower the trailer with a smaller diameter tire. But be careful of your load ratings.
    OL

lovemyultra
    I think the load ratings is where things start changing ,I actually raised my fenders a little this weekend so I could put 8 ply tires on mine ,but Im not having the clearance issues you are GOOD LUCK

jlnorthrup122
    Screw getting lower tires!!!
    I have the solution to your crearance problems!!! break out the sawsall and cut that ****ing door out!!!!!!!