Thread: Old Banks,Turbo Question

Dentz
    I have an old banks set up with the bigger intercooler and a single 850! Where can I find a plentium for a dual carb set up and what will the gains be with the duals??My motor is a 30 over 454 with a set of cast iron merlins! Everyone is saying 10lbs of boost and the motor will last!Will dual carbs help with 10lbs on this application??

schiada96
    Dentz I don't think you will be able to find a dual carb manifold. You can make one or if you want I can fab one up for you. Turbo motors like gas it will help. Another option is to look for a dominator manifold they can be found or I can make one of those for you also, That is what I'm running on a 510 setup similar to yours.

Terrible Buddhist
    actually, I have been able to find a few of them...of course I can't sell them because I need them for later...but a good person to call is Bergeron Marine in Mesa AZ...they have a lot of info and parts for these kinds of things...remember PFM made a VERY similar setup and a lot of the parts are interchangable.
    - Keith

schiada96
    TB I run the PFM setup, I like it a little better than the Banks setup the elbows are not running into a wall. The problem with these setups are the logs.
    [ April 15, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: schiada96 ]

Terrible Buddhist
    everyone always says the logs are so bad...I tell you though, my Uncle has a 580 Twin Turbo that he pushes 22 lbs of boost through...PFM logs.

superdave013
    Dentz:
    I have an old banks set up with the bigger intercooler and a single 850! Where can I find a plentium for a dual carb set up and what will the gains be with the duals??My motor is a 30 over 454 with a set of cast iron merlins! Everyone is saying 10lbs of boost and the motor will last!Will dual carbs help with 10lbs on this application?? My old set up made 12 psi with a single 850 on the same size engine as yours. It ran good too.
    I had the little cooler.

Terrible Buddhist
    Super Dave...would love some input from you on my new heads!

78DiMarco
    I have the same Banks setup with the single 850. I did a complete rebuild and went to a full roller setup with a different cam spec. I went from about 9-10 pounds of boost to about 14-15 pounds when I'm standing on it. I hope the FelPro's hold!!! eek!