Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips underwwater?

DryHeatOnly
    Would you consider running the exhaust tips underwater with an HP500? Does it muffle that beautiful V8 too sound much?
    If you run 'em out of the water, what's the sound level like inside the boat. Can you have a conversation while cruisin' at say, 40-50?

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
    Would you consider running the exhaust tips underwater with an HP500? Does it muffle that beautiful V8 too sound much?
    If you run 'em out of the water, what's the sound level like inside the boat. Can you have a conversation while cruisin' at say, 40-50?
    I appreciate the help you offered me last night with resizing my sig. To repay you, I'd like to help you master the English language and at the same time, improve your writing skills. How about it?

DryHeatOnly
    Please do!
    I think I see it in the thread title. All fixed. RU happy now?

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
    Will only make a difference at idle. Sound should be about the same on plane. It might help you pass the new sound laws--I think there will be an idle test.
    BTW, did I pass the gramar test GG?
    OL

Faster Daddy
    I had the tips on my 496 HO placed below the waterline, alot quieter when at idle speed, my wife appreciates that, but get the boat on plane they rise up out of the water and get loud! Wife likes to be able to talk wihle cruising, GGB muffler tips did the trick. Very quiet now at cruising, and very, very little top-end loss.

DryHeatOnly
    Well I guess I can't retitle a thread. Oh well, it was the thought that counts.

GlastronGuy
    Sure thing, bro.
    First of all, it's spelled "underwater", not "underwwater".
    (But I see you tried to edit the thread title.)
    Secondly, The third sentence is a question, it should end in a question mark (?).
    My tertiary observation is concerning your last sentence: 40 - 50 what?
    RPM, MPG, FPS, etc. I am sure you see where I am going.
    I won't even go into the ghetto use of contractions in your post.

DryHeatOnly
    Thanks OL and FD. I'm thinking about having this done on the new boat, but it may be too late in the process. They dropped the engine on Saturday but hadn't drilled the transom yet.

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by Old Lavey
    Will only make a difference at idle. Sound should be about the same on plane. It might help you pass the new sound laws--I think there will be an idle test.
    BTW, did I pass the gramar test GG?
    OL
    Didn't look. You didn't imply that I was an idiot. Well, at least for as long as I can remember.

DryHeatOnly
    Originally posted by GlastronGuy
    Sure thing, bro.
    First of all, it's spelled "underwater", not "underwwater".
    (But I see you tried to edit the thread title.)
    Secondly, The third sentence is a question, it should end in a question mark (?).
    My tertiary observation is concerning your last sentence: 40 - 50 what?
    RPM, MPG, FPS, etc. I am sure you see where I am going.
    I won't even go into the ghetto use of contractions in your post.
    I'm questioning as to whether you are "jerkin' my chain" or intentionally trying to be a complete "jerk-off". I'm assuming the former. True, my post included a little ghetto, if you will, but I assure you I felt the need!
    Now it's true that I occasionally double type a letter, hell, I've been known to capitalize a letter following a capital letter. I suppose I have lazy fingers at times.
    If you reviewed the context of my post you would find that "40-50" makes a logical reference to MPH.
    and finally...you should never capitalize a word following a comma.
    I know. I know. Never begin a sentence with the word 'and'.

DHO

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast