Thread: XM-Sirius Question--Multiple tuners?...

Outnumbered
    Checked all the old threads and did not see this come up. Does anyone know if I can buy more than one TUNER on one subscription? I'm thinking Delphi, JVC, or Audiovox shuttle type but I want TWO tuners and FOUR docking bays. One in each car, one in the boat, and one at home. I want to be able to take either one of the tuners and move it around to any one of four docking stations. Both tuners may be in use at any given time.
    Thanks,
    OL
    http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro...NP2-f_dmt.jpeg
    http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro...1000-f_dc.jpeg
    http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/pro...SA10000-f.jpeg

intense
    What kind of system do you have in your boat and where did you put it? I have an 86 Lavey that I want to put a stereo in and am looking for ideas.
    thanks

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by intense
    What kind of system do you have in your boat and where did you put it? I have an 86 Lavey that I want to put a stereo in and am looking for ideas.
    thanks
    Cool, not a lot of these old Laveys around. Is it a 21'? What kind of power are you running? What kind of speed does your boat run?
    Regarding the system: Unfortunately, the previous owner cut a hole in the fiberglass in the walk-thru section of the open bow so I'm stuck with that location for the head unit. It looks clean but it would not be my first choice. Its on the passenger side so it does make for good access to the rear of the unit for hooking up all the wires. Nothing too trick in my boat. Just 4 6x9s under the front and rear seats, Fosgate Punch 45 amp running the rears, fronts powered off the head unit, and a Kenwood 100 watt sub-amp running a JL 10". Its all stuff I saved from old car systems I had except for the speakers which were bought new. I didn't want to drop too much coin on the system and have to worry about it getting stolen.
    OL

ROZ
    Old Lavey,
    The subscription works much like adding another room cable box or satellite receiver for your home tv. You pay a main fee than a reduced rate for every additional unit. The direction you're headed works well for others I know. I have a friend who had docking stations in his baja, motorhome, truck, boombox for the job site, and at home. He transferes the one unit to whichever vehicle he's in..
    Chris
    EDIT: you must be who has one of the last Punch45's...I have the other

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by ROZ
    Old Lavey,
    The subscription works much like adding another room cable box or satellite receiver for your home tv. You pay a main fee than a reduced rate for every additional unit. The direction you're headed works well for others I know. I have a friend who had docking stations in his baja, motorhome, truck, boombox for the job site, and at home. He transferes the one unit to whichever vehicle he's in..
    Chris
    EDIT: you must be who has one of the last Punch45's...I have the other
    Got a love those old amps. I have had it since 1986 I think. Its been in 3 or 4 trucks and the Lavey. I had a pair. I was running the other bridged to the JL and it was always shutting off after the third season in the boat. I swapped the amps and the other one was OK with the same factors so I figured it was about time to retire it.
    Thanks for the help ROZ. I will PM you when I'm ready to buy the stuff. Do you ship or do I have to come and get it?
    OL

ROZ
    Fr some reason we can't ship the actual satellite receiver unit. It has something to do with the stores adding some kinda code since there's a service attached to it. I'll gladly hook you up on the accessories though. Sice you're now in AZ, you can pick the accesories up from one of our Showcase Home Entertainment stores, or I can ship . No problem whatsoever. We charge shippping only. It's cheap when you don't add the handling charge.. If you choose to use me for the product, PM me when you're ready. No biggie.... What's most important is that you hopefully benefit from the info in the forums...
    Chris

intense
    Originally posted by Old Lavey
    Cool, not a lot of these old Laveys around. Is it a 21'? What kind of power are you running? What kind of speed does your boat run?
    Regarding the system: Unfortunately, the previous owner cut a hole in the fiberglass in the walk-thru section of the open bow so I'm stuck with that location for the head unit. It looks clean but it would not be my first choice. Its on the passenger side so it does make for good access to the rear of the unit for hooking up all the wires. Nothing too trick in my boat. Just 4 6x9s under the front and rear seats, Fosgate Punch 45 amp running the rears, fronts powered off the head unit, and a Kenwood 100 watt sub-amp running a JL 10". Its all stuff I saved from old car systems I had except for the speakers which were bought new. I didn't want to drop too much coin on the system and have to worry about it getting stolen.
    OL
    Mines an 18 with a 4.3 V6 Do you have any pics of the speaker placement? Where is your sub and amp?
    thanks

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by intense
    Mines an 18 with a 4.3 V6 Do you have any pics of the speaker placement? Where is your sub and amp?
    thanks
    Didn't know they made them like that. Someone else here has an 18' with a wacka on it.
    Mine is a 21' so I have a pretty good size bow section. The 6x9 are one on each side up front under the seat, sound is OK, mainly filler. The two back 6x9s are about 3 feet apart under the rear bench. The rear bench makes a nice enclosure and the 6x9s sound pretty good there. The sub is in the engine compartment in an enclosure bolted in. Fits even with the 460 BBF. No pics until I get time to uncover the boat. Its got its winter covers on and its a bitch to get to.
    OL