Thread: Impeller change

SD MIKEY
    How hard is it to change the impeller for the water pump on a 95' merc 2.5 175hp? What is the procedure?

Stokerdave
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/sttips.htm try this link, it should explain everything you need to know

SD MIKEY
    Thanks! Very nice.

HavasuDreamin'
    Great directions, but it will take more than one hour if working by yourself. Probably more like two hours.

Tom Brown
    Yeah, sometimes it just slips together when all is done but just as often, it's quite a struggle to get the shift linkage and driveshaft to engage easily without someone jimmying the flywheel and shifter. I've spent 30 minutes just trying to get the lower unit back on.
    I would recommend a Seloc service manual from Walmart. They have them for Mercury V6 outboards. They're cheap and it will give you directions for all of your service and maintenance questions.

randy77zt
    just take your time the first time.once you do it you will wonder why boat shops charge so f$%^ing much.since i work as an auto mechanic at a ford dealer i break down everything to time sincer i work flatrate.i can drop my sportmaster lower unit in about 3 minutes.

CrazyHippy
    DAMN.. takes me 5... Are you using Air tools??
    BJH