Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boat anchors what works best?

payloan
    I went out to the flea market/O.C. Boat show ( boy what a big dissapointment) and picked up the "slide anchor" which I am figuring will work great for the sand bar right? I also saw the same guys "Box Anchor", does anybody know the rundown on these paticular items or maybe a suggestion on what works best. I have a 23' Dana if that matters. By the way I must add it is a big improvement from my fisrt trip out last year, we took a 45lb. plate (yes Joe Wieder type) I guess I could of posted that in the "Most Ghetto Things" thread.

rivercrazy
    Box Anchor. Drop it and forget it.

HP350SC
    A 460 Ford with a 455 crank welded to the side :wink:

SummerBreeze
    The box anchor is the shit.
    Although they don't work worth an dam in Lake Tahoe. I never seem to bring enough anchor line to get to the bottom
    1650ft

RiverToysJas
    Box Anchors are a pain in the ass to handle, and unfold IMO. BUT once in the water, there's nothing better.
    I have the small model, and it did slip a little at elsinore last month. BUT, I had a 25' Elim Eagle, Mach 26 DCB, my Lavey, and a 28' offshore boat all on one small box anchor, and with a breeze blowing. We moved about 15' over an hour or two. Not bad at all I thought!!! I've had two to three boats on it fairly often and ususally it never moves!
    RTJas

THATJEFFGUY
    Box anchor...nothing else !

CBLavey
    Get the box anchor, you won't be sorry. It is a bit of a pain to unfold,but it does store flat in its own storage case which saves a lot of room and makes it easy to stow.

payloan
    Allright sounds like "The Box " may be my choice, as it allways is I must add. I am here in O.C. anyone know where I can get one? I am leaving Thusrday and dont have time to run out to Thousand Oaks to get one

bordsmnj
    Originally posted by CBLavey
    Get the box anchor, you won't be sorry. It is a bit of a pain to unfold,but it does store flat in its own storage case which saves a lot of room and makes it easy to stow.
    yeah! what he said. worth every penny

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by payloan
    Allright sounds like "The Box " may be my choice, as it allways is I must add. I am here in O.C. anyone know where I can get one? I am leaving Thusrday and dont have time to run out to Thousand Oaks to get one
    Any West Marine carry's them!
    RTJas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast