Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: turbo bbc

vdrivenman
    looking for a website or information source for
    bbc (pump gas) engine specs for twin turbo set up. need all info from fuel system,pistons c/r, cam,plug heat range everything. bought an older sanger fb w two bbc's and has turbo set up that was not on either motor.
    trying to decide which way to go !
    thanks

Slick
    Good Luck
    Superdave might be able to help you out.

flat broke
    Well,
    Since I'm trying my hand with the little devils (turbos) I can tell you that they're quiet, have a nice feeling hit when the boost comes on, and clutter up your engine bay like nothing else For real world information I would contact the following
    Gary Teague Marine
    Boostpower USA
    Do you have any pics of the turbo setup that you inheirited with the boat? We might be able to at least tell you what you have, so it will make talking to the guys above a little more informative.
    Good luck with it,
    Chris

vdrivenman
    i will try & get some pic's and post them. i have not seen turbos run in a flat b 4. i have seen them in hydros and the bigger go fast boats, but no flat.
    the quiet part interest me so i can keep the game wardens off my ass. this will be a river /lake rider since it is a true flat. does the power band create a problem getting the boat to take a set or interfere with the set afterwards(like hittin the nos).
    i have had 1 flat and two hydros b 4 this flat. it is geared really low with 15%. several buddies run sbf turbos in mustangs and swear by them.
    i' ll try & get some pic's.
    and try the web sites thanks

vdrivenman, I have a twin turboed flat [18' Hondo]...maybe I can help with your setup.

woodster
    my buddy has a 19 southwind with twin turbo ford setup.. its really alot quieter than my boat and man when those turbos kick in it puts u back in the seat.. hes broken 2 berkely pumps though..i know gale banks set it up so u should call them and im sure they can help u out..

flat broke
    I wouldn't waste your time calling Banks on the old boat turbo setups. When my brother had his setup, he called them to get some info and they told him that the people that knew about those systems no longer worked there and they couldn't be of assistance. As I've learned from Superdave, if you want info on marine turbo setups, start keeping your eyes on the speed ski boats. A ton em run turbo setups, and those things run 100+ all day long.
    Chris

Snowboat
    How can the turbos be quieter? Aren't you still running over the transom?

schiada96
    Let me know if I can help
    [ September 27, 2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: schiada96 ]

burbanite
    Snowboat:
    How can the turbos be quieter? Aren't you still running over the transom?Turbo = Rotary Muffler

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast