Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rattlesnakes

LASERRAY
    I watched "Venom ER." (filmed at Loma Linda Medical Center) on Animal planet last night and saw some pretty gnarley rattlesnake bites. One guy got bitten by a Southern Pacific rattlesnake, his hand swelled to the size of a small balloon, and he started bleeding from his orifices due to the blood thining properties of the SP rattler's venom. - Yikes!
    Has anyone here ever been bitten or come close? Ever know anybody that got bit? I don't hate rattlesnakes, I just don't want to come across one.

rivercrazy
    I've seen lots of them. Almost got bit on a hike by a 6ft + Diamond Back when I was about 12.
    I've seen a few sidewinders along the colorado river. And lots of sidewinder tracks.
    Also seen them swimming in the little Kern River hunting for trout.....

LASERRAY
    I forgot to mention that the guy on T.V. that got bitten had the snake on his index finger for 15 seconds! That must have felt below average.

repo man
    i have killed two in my yard allready this year.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by repo man
    i have killed two in my yard allready this year. That guy is simply huge! Gotta be what 6-10 years old maybe? Where was he/she when you found and killed-it? (Thanks for the pic - )

repo man
    under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man

i have killed two in my yard allready this year.
    Jeez, did you beat it to death with a meat tenderizer or what? That things effen destroyed. :wink:
    F.J.

LASERRAY
    under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man No Shit! I'd freak if I saw that monster. I'm a puss with snakes.

under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man
    WTF? Why didnt you crawl under there with a little twig and start saying stuff like "aint she a bute?" and "krikey"?
    F.J.

repo man
    i shot it with a shot gun one handed under a 3' deck just wanted it dead . if i didn't get it then it most likely would wave got one of my dogs later and that shit is expensive, trust me

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast