Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would YOU Do ???

Liberator TJ1984
    Leaving my place of employment after 13yrs. Can't take this crap any longer.. been "Demoted" but still have same job discription about 6 mos. ago with a 40% reduction in pay but still basicly got the same responibilities...Competetor offered me a hell of a deal to join them........already did physical and drug test for them too ......Do I give 2 wks. notice and continue to work ?? or give 2 wk. and take vacation, and tell them they are on their own which is what I feel like doing
    Gopherrr

jackpunx
    from what you said.. I would give my 2 weeks and go with the other job

topless
    I say give your 2 weeks and good luck with the new job.

NastyOne
    You have to look at it like this. Would those pice of shit employers give you two weeks notice if they were going to let you go? I think not. They would hand you your check on Friday and tell you to get the **** out. Take two weeks off and clear your head for your next adventure in life.

THOR
    use up your sick time. I had the similar thing happen. F*&^ those guys for treating you like that. If you paid into the sick, you cant take it with you so use it up.

mirvin
    Yup. If you've been treated poorly, and you don't think there's a chance of you returning to work for them in the future, **** em. I might not even give the two weeks
    If you decide to walk out on them at least give them a couple days so they can have your last check and vacatioin pay waiting for you
    mirvin

jackpunx
    Originally posted by THOR
    use up your sick time. I had the similar thing happen. F*&^ those guys for treating you like that. If you paid into the sick, you cant take it with you so use it up.
    OH.. yea.. use the sick time you have left..

HCS
    I know how you feel. I worked for one car dealership for 8 years.
    After three years of what they called restructuring that cost me
    three pay cuts in three years. I walked. No notice, just left work
    one day and never looked back.
    But I think if I ever get pissed again. I would give notice and take
    the vacation. It didn't really show them anything, they didn't give
    a shit.

slink
    Just be carefull not to burn any bridges. You never know when you might be looking for another job and may have to go back. If your new company will wait the two weeks I would stick it out. If they are not willing to wait for you, then bail. I was in the same position 3 yrs ago. I had already accepted the new job and put in my 2 week noticed. I then found out "they" werent going to cash out my 400+ hours of sick time, so I burned the two weeks. I later found out the powers to be weren't too happy and said if I ever tried to go back they wouldn't hire me back. That didn't sit too well w/ me since I had worked there over 10 years, but screw em' because I'm alot better off know in my new position. Just my.02

NorCalCat
    Give your 2 week notice, work if they as you to. Usually if you are going to a competetor, they will let you go ASAP! If you don't need vacation, take the $$$ and run. By law they have to pay you on your unused vaction time.
    Always a good idea to leave the door open, don't burn any bridges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast