Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is open today?

Mod VP
    Just think. Were getting paid to post on Hot Boat.
    Is that why my parts dept guys never answer the phone ?? :argue:

4DAY4PLAY
    Anybody know how much it is costing us to be open? This is a frickin' joke...
    There is a labor code that states if a holiday (including December 25) falls on a sunday, then the next day is a legal holiday. For all of your employees that have an hourly rate, including flat-rate technicians, they are due DOUBLE TIME... OUCH!! So its costing me approx $3,000 in double time today to be open.
    Is it costing "YOU" or the owner? Taking the step out of an hourly wage, to salary hurts huh? You could be like me and had to work 24 hours on christmas day for no extra $$$.

dicudmore
    could be :idea:

dicudmore
    Is it costing "YOU" or the owner? Taking the step out of an hourly wage, to salary hurts huh? You could be like me and had to work 24 hours on christmas day for no extra $$$.
    some of both of us...yes, more the owner. However if I don't watch the expense as if its "my" money then I am not doing the owner any favors.
    Me to the extent that I am paid on the bottom line, so the extra expense will impact my pay.

dicudmore
    here's part of it stolen from the web
    Sec. 2. As used in this order:
    (a) Holiday means the first day of January, the third Monday of February, the last Monday of May, the fourth day of July, the first Monday of September, the second Monday of October, the fourth Monday of October, the fourth Thursday of November, the twenty-fifth day of December, or any other calendar day designated as a holiday by Federal statute or Executive order.
    (b) Workday means those hours which comprise in sequence the employee’s regular daily tour of duty within any 24-hour period, whether falling entirely within one calendar day or not.
    Sec. 3. (a) Any employee whose basic workweek does not include Sunday and who would ordinarily be excused from work on a holiday falling within his basic workweek shall be excused from work on the next workday of his basic workweek whenever a holiday falls on Sunday.
    (b) Any employee whose basic workweek includes Sunday and who would ordinarily be excused from work on a holiday falling within his basic workweek shall be excused from work on the next workday of his basic workweek whenever a holiday falls on a day that has been administratively scheduled as his regular weekly nonworkday in lieu of Sunday.

HCS
    Yep.
    Still working, if you call it that.
    I'm going cross eyed looking at these forums.
    Our phone hasn't rang in 3 hours and the techs are out side BS'n.
    I don't get off work until 5:30. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

riverracerx
    my pants are open.
    I ate too much food and can't move.

Big Kahunaa
    When I stop by
    Any time i can stop and talk shit insted of working is a bouns

dicudmore
    Yep.
    Still working, if you call it that.
    I'm going cross eyed looking at these forums.
    Our phone hasn't rang in 3 hours and the techs are out side BS'n.
    I don't get off work until 5:30. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
    I know the feeling...and the owner just put the kabosh on leaving early

HCS
    I know the feeling...and the owner just put the kabosh on leaving early
    Soooo.....typical of a dealer. I get to leave when all the techs are gone. :coffeycup
    The management has busted me like 5 times today for surfing the net.
    They don't like it. I said "SO, send me home!". :rollside:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast