Thread: moving to vegas area

76biesmeyer
    Well we did it !!! Just sold the biesemeyer (gave it away) I am keeping the hydro. We are going to be moving to the vegas area the first of may. What is a good area to take the hydro out. Would love to meet up with some hot boaters. See ya soon.

SoCalOffshore
    Congrats. But, remember it is a desert. Not soo many places like Florida. Mead would be the only place local or drive down further to Mojave.

mmered8299
    Lake of Las Vegas would be the best place to run your hydro. Only problem is that its a private, snooty, high end development. Electric boats only. Every time I go out there to work on the homes I look at the glass on the water and say to myself what a waste! I then I say wouldn't it be great to run a TFH across the water on a Sunday morning. If you want I'll help you launch and then I'll pick you up at the other end of the lake and then will get the hell out of there laughing all the way home.

WUTWZAT
    I'd pay good money to either be there or have a video tape of that. I work with someone who has a condo in there. He uses it as a excuse to go golfing and get away from the wife. Don't forget you can always try to launch at the fountain lake in front of the Bellagio.Congrats on the move and welcome to the West Coast.

1979tarva
    im in vegas we usually go to the lake a lot but as of now i need to replace all of my interior and the floor because of dry rot but if i get done soon i would go with you

CrazyHippy
    The only semi local place that I would even consider taking a Hydro after about 4am would be Willow Beach. It's a bit of a drive (40 min for me) but the water is semi secluded, and it is almost always flat. The only other thought is Mead at the butt crack of dawn.
    BJH

Essex502
    Post over on LasVegas***boats.com - they're a bunch of very friendly guys and definitely know the lake.
    LasVegas***boats.com (http://lasvegas***boats.com)

76biesmeyer
    Well Well Well I have not even moved to vegas yet and look at what you guys are trying to get me to do !!!! I can't wait to try that stunt !!! I can see it now my first week in vegas was spent in jail. That is just to cool !!!! Dare me to do it !!!! ( PLEASE )I took the hydro out saturday for a few passess and some little old lady in her condo called the cops and said this big black boat with a shinny motor doing 300mph past my condo. The cops came and we spent an hour bull shitting They begged me to put the boat back in the water to see it run. WE had a great time.Anyway can,t wait to get out to vegas !! I will stay in touch