Thread: Gettin my system installed

jbtrailerjim
    I dropped the Ultra off yesterday and I'm getting a system installed. I have not confirmed all the componets yet but it look's like I will have 2-12" sub's, 6-6 1/2" speaker's, and probably 3 amps. The sub's we got it narrowed down to either Arc or JL Audio. The 6 1/2" probably MB Quart. Amps are probably going to use Arc. I used an Arc amp in my new system in my truck and it kicks ass! Not sure if I'm going to upgrade the head unit in the boat or not. I have a Pioneer in it now. If I do we are going to either use a Clarion or MB Quart marine head unit w/wired remote's on the driver's side & another back on the swim step. It should be done in a couple week's. I can't wait.

riverbound
    I would recommend changing the 6.5s to 6x9s, We use mbquart in the boats we do. And the arc amps will have a problem overheating in the boat, I would recommend iether rockfor or jl amps they dissipate heat much better. If you have any questions feel free to call me (909)481-8411
    Bill

ROZ
    The 6x9's will be louder, but the 6.5's will sound better.... The MB marine speakers sound really good. Whatever amps you decide to use, make sure they put a fan on them. That being said, use the amp(s) that you like. I don't think the ARC amps will have as much balls as compared to other amps, but they'll sound very clean and clear...The Fosgates naturally run a little warmer than most amps. JL Slash amps have the heatsink/amp rails on the top . Because of that they disssapate heate pretty well, but as all amps in boats they still need a fan to maintain long life... Many have had good luck with Alpine, DEI, JBL, PPI, and Phoenix gold amps as well...
    If you choose to upgrade to a Marine headunit, the Clarion is still probably the best unit out... It IS waterproof.. The final verdict just isn't in on the Quart or Fosgate amrine unit. I does have more features though.... Both have marine remotes, but the Clarions has an LCD readout and IS currently available... If you're looking to upgrade only for a remote and you happen to have a Pioneer changer in the boat already, you could upgrade to an 04' Pioneer Permier that has the steering remote conrol option. The Access tech remote will work with these units...
    Good luck with the install.
    Make sure to snap pics and post them!

jbtrailerjim
    I already have 2 set's of 6.5's mounted in the side panel's and there is not a lot of room for 6x9's in the side's where the existing 6.5's are. I don't want 6x9's mounted under the rear back seat. I prefer speaker's mounted in the side's up higher where they can be heard better. We still have not made a firm choice on the amp's yet. But I know we have it narrowed down between Arc & JL Audio. They will be mounting a fan on the amps. So hope I will not have any cooling issues. The head unit will depend on my budget. The existing Pioneer will work for now if I have to. I'd rather spend more money for better quality speaker's and amp's.
    I'm really happy with the way my Arc amp is performing in my truck. It's a Arc 4050 pushing 2 JL Audio 10w1 and MMats Audio door speakers. It's by no way really a really extravagant system but it does sound really clean for what it is.
    I'll keep you guy's posted on how it's going and snap some pictures of the install.

PerfectionDtail
    jbtrailer,
    I have 12, 6.5" MB quarts in my cockpit and love them. Those speakers rock. Super clean sound and high volume. I'm also running the Rockford marine head unit with changer and wired remote. I still don't know if I like it yet, as I just had it done last month.

Essex29
    Originally posted by PerfectionDtail
    jbtrailer,
    I have 12, 6.5" MB quarts in my cockpit and love them. Those speakers rock. Super clean sound and high volume. I'm also running the Rockford marine head unit with changer and wired remote. I still don't know if I like it yet, as I just had it done last month.
    How about posting some pics ?