Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just got back from Havasu...

Phat Matt
    ...and I should have brought my kite! The wind was nonstop all day Saturday. It didn't even slow down much at night. I'm glad I went on Thursday night though because Friday was a good day. I feel sorry for everyone who only made it out for Saturday. It looked like everyone was trying to take refuge in the channel. It was still better than staying home!

TCHB
    Yes I looked at the water and said no way. It was full of white caps! We will be back in two weeks and hopefully it will be back for normal.

Phat Matt
    I'll be back in 2 weeks too. I have a season pass at Winsor but saw a big cat out there getting beat up on the way to the channel. I paid the $10 to launch at Havasu Marina that day. Idled to the channel in the morning, and idled back to the ramp at night. I topped my tanks off in the morning so at least next time I won't have to stop for gas.

Dr. Eagle
    Beautiful here in Northern California today. 85 degrees and mild breeze. Great boating weather... and it was really nice at the lake today after the kings bitch slapping of the Lakers..........

RiverRatMike
    yeah I saw all you crazy boaters out there on the lake in that wind from my lake view at work on Sat afternoon. Wind blew hard out here all weekend...

cigarette1
    The water was great on Saturday ... well at least for my buddies 38 Slingshot and my Top Gun. Running with the rollers, I actually had the props out the water a few times .... I had to turn around and run into the waves ... awesome ..... UNTIL ... I lost a coupler in my starboard ext box and blew up my bellhousing ... DAMN
    Savage has all the parts I need and will have the boat ready for the AZHB Poker Run.
    I am glad it happened on a one day trip instead of on the first day of a 4 day weekend for the Poker Run.

Essex502
    Saturday absolutely fockin' sucked...never before have I seen white caps in Steamboat!

Ducatista
    Yea Friday was real nice, but Saturday was channel city, with everyone else! With that wind direction we figured Steamboat would be nasty, so we just hit the channel on Saturday. It still beat being home plantin' flowers!
    I was chaperon this weekend to some 19 year old girls. Figured I better do the right thing. First thing Friday morning I had them at the beauty parlor for makeovers. Next stop was the "wild thing" swim suit shop at the bridge, mastering the moment. Boy howdy, after that it was time to turn these babies loose on the boardwalk! They tore it up all day, all night, I didn't see them until Sunday when they returned to our place, right on time. What nice girls, I'm sure their parents would approve of the job I did.
    I made sure they knew the golden rule before I returned them home....What goes on at the River, stays at the River!

OGShocker
    We were at Dana doing our motor swap when a call came in from a Dana customer screaming... WE F**KING LOVE OUR BOAT TOM!!!!.LOL. She and the family were zipping along in the big water flying back to the channel. It was great to hear her screaming over the speaker phone.

Speedin' Ian
    Just got from Havasu myself, actually we stayed at Needles, but ventured down to the Channel for Saturday and let me tell you I have never been as nervous in a boat as I was Saturday going from Needles to the Channel. Everything was fine until we crossed the lake, had to keep the boat at about 12mph and plow through waves, even then we had water coming in the boat. If the motor or drive had failed we would have sunk in a matter of minutes.
    Other than that it was a great trip, spent quit a bit of time hanging with the Sandbar Junkies and Unleashed, not sure if I've ever met a cooler group of people at the lake. They were all super nice to my friends and I and had a couple of the cleanest boats out there. Also met Reaper 1 and Fast Timmy, both of whom were real cool with some sick boats.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast