Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel costs up to unleaded??

Lightning
    Diesel prices are more than Regular Unleaded in a lot of stations lately. One of the reasons i bought a diesel was due to lower costs of the fuel. It just pisses me off, last year when the gas prices were over $2 a gallon, diesel was about $1.50, now they are about the same wherever you go.

victorfb
    and i cant understand why. diesel is the dregs of fuel. the crap that doesnt make it in regular gas. so why is it so expensive? anyone wanna tell us?

Havasu Cig
    It is bullshit, but I think with diesels becoming more popular it has driven the price up.
    When I was getting my pilots license they talked about the different grads of fuel and how they were processed. Diesel was basically the stuff that was left over if I remember correctly. No reason it shoul be as high as it is.

PHX ATC
    Can you say corporate greed?

jackpunx
    Paid 214 in AZ this weekend ...

BALLSDEEP
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    It is bullshit, but I think with diesels becoming more popular it has driven the price up.
    When I was getting my pilots license they talked about the different grads of fuel and how they were processed. Diesel was basically the stuff that was left over if I remember correctly. No reason it shoul be as high as it is.
    I can remember when I first bought my powerstroke in '99. Diesel was like .85 a gallon, I could fill it up for less that $40 bucks. I just filled up yesterday and it was over $80.....It really pisses me off, Just like you I thought that diesel was pretty much the crap at the bottom of the barrel. I think it is a huge scam!!!!!!!!!

BowTie Rick
    Just wait and see what happens when they start reformulating it in the next year or two. They are going to take most of the sulfer out of it here in CA. The AQMD and CARB have found that diesels (including ships in harbor) constitue a proportionately large amount to poor air quality. So far they oil industry has been able to get time to study the issue or else it would be in effect already. These same 2 agencies also want diesels to get catalytic convertors and undergo regular emissions testing. If / when this happens, the diesel pick up will be a thing of the past or only cost effective for commercial uses.

77charger
    I think the increased sales of trucks with diesels.the demand for the fuel now might have to do with increasing prices.The past couple of weeks i have been paying attention to full size trucks and it seems like every ford i see is a diesel,Quite a bit of chevys,and dodge as well.
    I know it is a by product of reg gas but what maybe 5 gallons of 30.Just seems like supply and demand with everyone going diesel now.
    I wonder how much it will go down now and if the extra price of a diesel is worth it.I have heard with cheap price fuel it takes about 100 k before you break even with a gasser.Seems like most dont even keep their trucks that long

Rubths
    I just paid $2.08 in escondido today.

Jrocket
    Well it figures that the price would go up just when I order my first diesel.I paid 2.24 at the Shell station in Temecula last Friday.What a f'n rip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast