Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commander boats BK?

OGShocker
    Is it true, did Sy file for protection under Chapter 11? They just stuck my buddy with nearly $90,000 in UNPAID invoices if it is. Will this effect thier customer service?
    OG-------DO NOT KILL THE MESSENGER.

CARGUY
    Haven't heard of the chpt 11. I know when I bought my Commander in 2001 SY was having some tax problems which he told me was due to his accountant(when in doubt blame it on the accountant). It was a pretty big deal at the time, it even was in the public notice section of the Press Enterprise. I have since sold the Commander so it doesn't affect me, and hopefully it doesn't affect anyone else.

Kilrtoy
    THAT SUCKS if true:frown:

Phat Matt
    They are always busy when I'm down there so if it's true, where'd all the money go? I was thinking about getting their new deck boat after this season too so I hope they keep making them!

Ziggy
    I was just there Thursday, it looked far from being BK.

tool 'n' jet
    I hope it's true. Maybe someone else will buy the name and put together a quality boat again. I bought two commanders the last one was a 2001 26 Sig. I had to sell it after the first season. i think they put it together with bubblegum and duct tape.

THATJEFFGUY
    Maybe Sy just filed BK to dodge some of the lawsuits he's been threatened with !! He's gotta have some money stashed somwehere. He sure doesn't put in back into his manufacturing facility, nor does he spend it to hire quality employees !!

C-2
    Verified. Filed on 4/8/04, Chapter 11.
    That sucks.
    OGShocker...is your buddy named Mike?

Sandbar Mike
    Dam it, where are all those commander supporters now???
    We need help

THATJEFFGUY
    Hey OG, I think their customer service has already been "affected"... for the last few years actually !
    Like tool 'n' jet said, maybe someone new will come along and turn the company around. With some good experience, I think they could build a quality boat, AND good customer service...let's hope !!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast