Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commander boats BK?

kcm21
    Phatt Matt: No offense I still own a "Bayliner" also! it hasn't been that bad of a boat, I am just bitter from how they screwed me, and yes HD it did happen just the way I said it did. Good thing I did not need to buy anything on credit! I think the best stories I have about that place is when I was buying my first boat I was looking over it and talking with the service manager and the service manager got a call saying that they forgot to bolt down a customers spare "custom" tire and rim and it bounced off on there way home on the freeway!
    And when I picked up my new boat and the bolster seats they put in were too long and would not fold down........and then while I was out on the lake for my first time and tried to open the engine hatch the power rod extended part way up and then lost grip and slid out from the ground. Turns out that there are a couple spots on the motor that you need to bolt down to the hull!
    I think he has the same policy as McDonalds.......they do not discriminate against the mentally challenged in there hiring process.
    Oh and HD it is a 24 signature

rivercrazy
    Originally posted by AleAlchemist
    as far as the product, the lay up in this industry isn't that much different.
    All manufacturers use some glass and resin in their boats yes. But I don't agree that there aren't significant differences in layup. Some use more expensive and exotic materials, better higher strength resins, and the execution of the layup is what sets builders apart!

1stepcloser
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    LMAO
    But, does Rex have a Catalog?
    LMAO Sure does! (http://www.rexmar.com/productindexfull.htm)

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    LMAO
    But, does Rex have a Catalog?
    UNKNOWN.........
    I haven't received one for some time.......

SCLB41
    That sucks, the fact that they are right off the freeway probably brings in a lot of lookie loo's. I have no experience with Commander, but good luck to all you current owners. I looked at them before i bought my Shockwave.
    This is interesting especially after they featured that east coast Commander owner in ***boat.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
    I use to work for the BK Courts in Riverside County and a lot of business owneres use a Chpt 11 to right the ship. Hopefully Sy realized there was a problem and this will help him get it corrected. We'll just have to wait and see
    Not uncommon for a biz to use Chpt. 11 for that manner at all. Sy has always treated me well so I can't say anything negative from my experiences but others may not have had the same experience. In fact he seems to go out of his way to come over to greet me and shake hands.
    Could it be possible that this is Sy's last resort after attempting to right the wrongs of the alleged bad accounting job a few years back??? Just an outloud thought.
    Commander seems to need help in the customer service arena because both the boats I've had from them have been built well and finished well.

Froggystyle
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    All manufacturers use some glass and resin in their boats yes. But I don't agree that there aren't significant differences in layup. Some use more expensive and exotic materials, better higher strength resins, and the execution of the layup is what sets builders apart!
    For now....

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    mmmmm this is interesting

RP1
    Originally posted by Froggystyle
    For now....
    How are things progressing Wes?

ahhell
    Sounds like all the Commander bashing is about getting screwed in the show room by sly Sy. hope all works well with mine So far fit, finish and style are all there. bought mine from a guy that was on his third one and that Commander was the only way to go ...stay tuned

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast