Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: over seas transaction

78 Sprint
    I have a question non boat related. Is there any way to buy somthing from over seas without getting stung. Here is the deal I'm looking at a 69 camaro conv. that is in Chechzia, this guy says that he can't plate it over there because there is to much paper work says he has a us title with no liens against it , says he just got married and needs the money bad. Its a 69 ss conv. clone. what the hell does clone mean. All i have seen is pictures, the car looks super straight and super clean, he says he only wants 5600.00 for it. this whole thing seems like a big scam to me. He said i can western union the money to his location in someone elses name and when i get the car and inspect it i can change the recievers name to his. how do you get a title and bill of sale notarized when he is there and i'm here. he says he can ship this car for free because he works for the air line or cargo company or something like that. need advice shall i run and hide or pursue this further. thanks for any advice.

jet4fun
    tell him you'll meet him at the airport, in the meantime get the registration info and vin number and make sure it's clear and that you wont have any problems registering it. i sure as hell wouldnt send someone that much money thats halfway around the world, on his word... you cant even go to his house and kick his ass if he doesnt come through
    my guess to clone means that the car is not an original SS but had all the hardware put on it to look like an SS

Originally posted by new jet boater
    ....... this whole thing seems like a big scam to me. ...........need advice shall i run and hide
    Trust your instincts. Run and hide. This IS a classic scam these days.
    Like Jet4Fun said, by clone, it means they took a regular 69 convertible and added the necessary mods to make it appear to be an SS convertible.

my 69' SS "clone"
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...662car-med.jpg
    by the way,...i had a hard time getting the money together to pay my dad for the car , but i gave him the last installment on easter, so the car will be delivered arround the 24th!

alot of people frown upon clone cars, but the way i see it,...have you seen the cost of a clean 55 chevy?....bel-air or del ray, clones will be overlooked in time, meanwhile, i'll be holdin on to mine!

do not ever ever western union money to someone you don't know until you have the goods. sounds like a scam to me.

lakesmodified
    THIS IS THE NEWEST SCAM THAT HAS HIT THE INTERNET...
    I contacted a few guys on ebay that had that same scam going, and when I told them I would meet them at the airport, because I can fly for free, they never repsonded again... If it's too good to be true, it IS!
    An old saying:
    A FOOL AND HIS MONEY WILL BE SOON DEPARTED!

Jordy
    You know, I do have a couple bridges that I don't need anymore. I think it would be cool to have your own bridge to drive over in that new Camaro. I'm having a hard time getting them registered so I think I'm going to sell them. One is in Brooklyn, the other spans the bay area in San Francisco. You can wire the money to me but don't use my real name. I'll take care of that. Trust me.

jtham
    I'm with Old Squirt. Trust your instincts. Don't even try to deal with this guy. This is the biggest scam right now!! Jay

HM
    Put the money in an escrow account. eBay has them, and they can be setup outside of ebay.
    But, like everyone else is saying......it is the newest scam. Offer to do it legitimate via eBay, and offer to pick up the additional costs, and if they just ignore what you say and go back to their deal it is a scam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast