Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mojave

19Kona
    Planning a camping trip to lake Mojave between May 7th and 9th (anyone comes by is welcome to a beer).
    Question is where on the shore to camp. I would like to have access by car/truck so I was thinking near the ramp at Cottonwood (just over the hill to the south) or 6 mile cove or one of the other dirt rodes.
    Anyone recommend something???

SoCalOffshore
    I would be curious to get some info as well.

hd&boatrider
    I am not sure where exactly to camp but there are plenty of coves. I would definitly go North from Cottonwood though and you should find a nice cozy place.
    Jason knows the lake pretty good so maybe a quick PM to him and he can help you out.

GottaJet
    How come there are never any events planned at Mohave?? I love that lake... GJ

payloan
    where is mohave? I was just asking this question today at lunch . Is this where catherines landing is? Where ? how far? what to do? where to stay? and of course what not to do?

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by GottaJet
    How come there are never any events planned at Mohave?? I love that lake... GJ
    We've talked about doing an OP6 there a few times. If/when I host again, I might to do it there. I've always wanted to do an OP6 on that lake.
    Last year we did a So Cal Hot Boat event on Mohave, based out of the Riverside, and launching at Katherine's. It was a good time.
    As for the original question of where to camp. If you don't mind total beach camping (roughing it), then you should go to the Telephone Pole Cove on the Nv. side (although I've heard it called different names). You access it by taking the dirt road about 3miles up the highway from Laughlin. There's a thread on here somewhere with specific directions. I'll try to find it and post the link. You can launch right off the beach there (I'm assuming you have a 19' jet boat by your username ).
    There is another place up north of Cottonwood on the NV side, but it seems small and busy. I forgot the name, seems to me it's up near the power lines, between Cottonwood & Willow Beach.
    I'll search for that thread and get the link if I find it....
    RTJas

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by payloan
    where is mohave? I was just asking this question today at lunch . Is this where catherines landing is? Where ? how far? what to do? where to stay? and of course what not to do?
    1) Between Hoover and Davis Dam, north of Laughlin.
    2) Yes.
    3) Katherine's is on the south end.
    4) 12 minutes from Laughlin.
    5) Boating is popular on the lake, as is houseboating on the north end.
    6) Laughlin - Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort.
    7) Boat with more people than you have life jackets on board.
    I hope that answers your questions.
    RTJas

hd&boatrider
    LOL....I knew Jason would have the answers
    Originally posted by RiverToysJas
    1) Between Hoover and Davis Dam, north of Laughlin.
    2) Yes.
    3) Katherine's is on the south end.
    4) 12 minutes from Laughlin.
    5) Boating is popular on the lake, as is houseboating on the north end.
    6) Laughlin - Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort.
    7) Boat with more people than you have life jackets on board.
    I hope that answers your questions.
    RTJas

RiverToysJas
    Here's that thread I was talking about in the post above (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...threadid=22224).
    Good Luck!
    RTJas

19Kona
    Thank you.
    Telephone Cove is one of the coves I was looking at. The National Park Service (NPS) has good maps of the lake on their web site.
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the beaches (for camping) north of Cottonwood. I think the south end of the lake gets crowded by Laughlin. Roughing it works for my group.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast