Thread: Sanger Boats

jtham
    Did all Sanger boats come with full stringers? Anyone know?
    I'm considering a 1975 19' Sanger with a 468 Ford Berkeley. It's in Parker, AZ. right now and the owner won't be getting it for a couple of weeks. I told him I would follow him out there and test drive it. The picture looks good, but he doesn't know if it has full stringers or not. He said"WHY DO YOU GUYS ALWAYS ASK THESE QUESTIONS?" LOL........
    $5000. May be good buy. If anyone knows about the stringer situation please feel free to respond. Jay

aztommy
    you give me 6500.00 and my boat is all yours and mine has stringers new everything turn key for an extre 1500.00 you have a boat with no problems and keeps up with the best of them. I will even take you out to the lake and run it all day to prove it

aztommy
    No Shame Here just remember you get what you pay for

SPECTRABRENT
    Some of the Sanger jets came with motor boxes.
    Brent

b's sanger
    All of the Sanger jets I have seen have the partial stringers conected to the rear bulkhead. The strength of the rest of the hull relies on the floor. I grew up with this type of boat and never had a problem. I even bought my own Sprint Jet about three years ago and restored it. The floor was a problem at that time because it had water damage. I removed the floor and found it was supported by that foam that was mandated in the 70's. I solved the support problem by glassing in a 2x6 keel board down the middle of the hull from the rear bulkhead to the middle bulkhead, then attaching a new floor to it and glassing the entire floor back to the hull. All in all was not that bis a deal and the hull is very strong now, better than new.
    Sanger's flats, circles and hydros all came with full stringers.[IMG]

jtham
    I appreciate the information. Jay

1Bahnerjet
    jtham,
    Don't let the lack of Full Stringers bother you, Sanger made a Strong Boat without them. Back then ('70s) you could have ordered one with full stringers, infact just about any Boat mfg. would put them in if Requested ($$$) maybe even Tahiti.

HammerDown
    Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
    Some of the Sanger jets came with motor boxes.
    Brent
    Thats how my friends Sanger Super Jet is...very tough Hull, Rough as hell ride(ouch) but a tough solid Hull. Quick little Boats.:wink:

Mohavekid
    Most of the Sanger jets I've seen have not had full stringers. The v-drives did, primarily to allow mounting of the v-drive and cav plate actuators. The layup looks to be the same between the two.
    Despite the lack of stringers, they are built tough as hell.
    Their hulls are quite fast comparatively speaking but they ride rough in the chop.
    Mine is 22 years old, and I've used it quite hard. There are no stress cracks whatsoever in the hull.