Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boating Blues

Wicked1
    I have had my boat for 3 seasons and ran really good till this season without a problem..well since this season i have gone through three starters(kragen cheapies) a steering cable and now i need some headers..well the last time I had it out wich was last weekend it was running good till i started hearing really faint popping noises from the headers which i am hoping is just the exhaust leak but it didnt sound like one, second the boat turned off as i was driving at 2600rpm at plane, the starter went out again when it died instanty so i couldnt get it fired up again to see whats going on..this sucks i am really frustrated and its still the beginning of the season.. to top it off i had my younger brother store at the end of last season and when i went to pull it out all my gauge bezels have rusted and the motor has some surface rust gggggrrrrrrr...... ...sorry just felt like venting some frustration out... Oh and to top it all off i went to the local boat shop to see if i could get some advice but all the guy saw was money signs coming out of my mouth...he is way to expensive... i guess i just need to cool off and get motivated....

payloan
    Its still early if it helps any I broke a whole blade about 3/4's of it on saturday and my guy is telling me that the whole shaft looks tweaked I gotta call him tommorow and see whats up. heres one for you Big beeers and cold boobs.... do I sound drunk? are you motivated now? PLAY NOW - PAY LATER - THE SUN IS HERE!

fourspeednup
    Well that blows! My season started out shittily as well but I see mechanical troubles as opportunities to mess with shit and improve my rig.
    3 starters is ungood, that combined with possible ignition issues (misfires and popping in exhaust, sudden loss of power), sounds like you have some electrical gremlins that need to be worked out.
    Get a' polishing on those bezels and make em shine better than new!
    I don't know, just throwing ideas out.
    What type of boat?

Wicked1
    thanks fellas, its a 19 ranger with a berk jC, ur right fourspeed better opportunity to make things better.. I already ordered a high torque marine starter and i think i am just gonna get some new gauges its time.. as for the electrical yup i gotta sort it out, the boat never lost power it just died instantly like i lost all electrical power.. hey fourspeed u ever come back to ventura i live in oxnard?

fourspeednup
    yep, heading back mid-may for the summer---I gotta get me a burrito or 5 from montezuma's
    If it is electrical, we can have that thing rewired in an afternoon---no prob

DeltaSigBoater
    Last season i started out great
    Memorial day weekend the boat couldn't have ran better.
    my grandparents used the boat in the middle of june, (its still there boat).
    4th of July weekend the boat ran like shit... I was told it was everything from my Alternator to the Zinc on the outdrive.
    Haven't been out this season, but we'll see what happens?

Wicked1
    Hey Fourspeed drop me an email when you come back so we can get together and throw back some cold ones on and we can use my boat as fire wood.......

eliminatedsprinter
    Welcome to boating. You're doing fine. Last season I spent $2200 getting mine to run right. Then another $600+ for the right prop. Only to seize up my powerhead at the end of the season (caused by a freak problem with my flywheel) so it took another $7600 to get it running for this season. All for a little 19ftr.... Oh well, I considered it a bit of a restoration when I got it and it sure is fun when it runs right.

sigepmock
    Just dropped $2300 in the jet on my new used boat. Got one run out of it at Elsinore and knew something was wrong, shaft, impellor, all bearings, only good thing left was the bowl and oh yeah the intake had to be re-glassed into the boat too. Oh well that's boating. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hopefully we'll all be back up and running soon.

fourspeednup
    Originally posted by Wicked1
    Hey Fourspeed drop me an email when you come back so we can get together and throw back some cold ones on and we can use my boat as fire wood.......
    For sure,
    Where there's fire a BBQ must be close by

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast