Thread: Old Dominator Pump Vs New Dominator Pump

MidnightMantra
    I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on dominator pumps. I have a Dominator 12-S pump
    serial # 13342 "A" which would be the older style from what I can gather. What is the difference between the old style and the new? What are the pro's and con's? I am fixing to order a diverter for it and want to know what my options are. I talked with one guy and he said he thought that the older style, like what I have is smaller as in pump size. Are they not all the same? I have just installed a 650hp BBC in a Mantra 18' semi-v hull to drive it, is this going to be a problem with this pump? Your input would be most helpfull.

American Turbine Man
    Your Dominator has the very same suction housing as we use today. We currently use a higher load thrust bearing and the wear-ring is the later AT style. I can't remember if the bowl is the later model. Call for Ron at 800 622 JETS I will e-mail you photos of the one we use today.
    ATM

MudPumper
    You need to check the bowl. If you are running a droop with the old style bowl you wont get peak performance. Bowl is somewhat restrictive and could use opening up a bit.

pops1
    Originally posted by MudPumper
    You need to check the bowl. If you are running a droop with the old style bowl you wont get peak performance. Bowl is somewhat restrictive and could use opening up a bit. You can open it up by machining and a good old grinder.