Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMFG the building inspector showed up...

YeLLowBoaT
    At 4:15 on a friday... was there for 10 mins and was on his way.... thanks for being 3 days late, you.... The pumper truck can't get here til tuesday.... 6 days down the drain... :cry:
    Atleast the job is ony 6 houses down.

BOBALOO
    At 4:15 on a friday... was there for 10 mins and was on his way.... thanks for being 3 days late, you.... The pumper truck can't get here til tuesday.... 6 days down the drain... :cry:
    Atleast the job is ony 6 houses down.
    I have been trying to get a set of plans for an LA CO. bldg for almost 2 weeks. The one guy that knows how to print from an autocad file is always out of the office.
    Job time 2.5 days
    time so far.....8 days and counting.
    I need a job working for the city....I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :220v:

Mandelon
    Shit, you guys can't get him to show up, and I can't get rid of him. I got popped on a bootleg job and now have to go pull permits for some basic stucco and drywall work. :cry: Inspector showed up next door for some other guy I didn't know about and he walked over to our project and got too nosy...
    Oh well, a trip down town and a few hundred $$ later......

TrojanDan
    I have been trying to get a set of plans for an LA CO. bldg for almost 2 weeks. The one guy that knows how to print from an autocad file is always out of the office.
    Job time 2.5 days
    time so far.....8 days and counting.
    I need a job working for the city....I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :220v:
    Hey now! Don't be a hater. You mean a job at the County, not the City. Telecommuting 303 miles from home on a Friday is tough sometimes. Glad to hear you're almost there with your permits.

Chico&Zeus
    I've scheduled several times for duct banks on my project, I do it through the automated scheduler over the phone....if I get a conformation number and he doesn't show up between 7 AM and 2 PM, I snap as many pictures as possible and POUR IT!!! If they want me to tear it out later (CHANGE ORDER!!!) :rollside: :argue:

BOBALOO
    Hey now! Don't be a hater. You mean a job at the County, not the City. Telecommuting 303 miles from home on a Friday is tough sometimes. Glad to hear you're almost there with your permits.
    Sorry charlie, this is a job for work, not that other county project your "friend" helped us out with. Thanks again.
    I've got a city architect that cant print plans, and the other 9 people in the construction office have no clue,or dont care either:hammer2:

YeLLowBoaT
    I've scheduled several times for duct banks on my project, I do it through the automated scheduler over the phone....if I get a conformation number and he doesn't show up between 7 AM and 2 PM, I snap as many pictures as possible and POUR IT!!! If they want me to tear it out later (CHANGE ORDER!!!) :rollside: :argue:
    Now way in fooking hell am I going to bust out 22 footings each with bar and ~ a yard of mix in them. Its not going to happen.

gochappy
    ahhh we have no building permits or inspections except for elec and plumbing....site location permits only.....

OCMerrill
    I feel your pain. Last automated inspection I phoned in the guy no-showed on me as well. Funny thing is you have to be cool about it or they F ya.
    I just pulled a permit yesterday and I asked the clerk about the "inspection abatment fee" What? You know can't I just pay someone now and skip the drama? Blank stare.....
    Its only about the crap permit money and property assesment anyway.

SummitKarl
    I guess this wouldn't be a good thread to mention.....I got a first time pass on a set of duplex plans today
    play by the rules, do what they ask, don't try and cheat, and they make your life EASY!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast