Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Born: New Cheyenne!

Ken, looks sweet! I bet you never dreamed when you started working with the Omega that it would lead you to this. Do you plan to leave it all white or will you be adding some color?

Ken F
    Thanks OS, I'm really happy and I could tell from the looks on their faces that Ervin and Duane were too.
    I've dreamed of owning a tunnel almost all of my adult life. It's finally here, but It's sure taken me a long time! lol I really have to thank Duane and Ervin for all the help along the way.
    Ruggs is going to put 4 colors of candy pearl blue on top of the white for me, after the rigging is done.
    Everyone is really anxious to see what it weighs, from the feel of it, it felt like 375-400, but that's without any bulkheads or anything
    Ken

screamdreambrad
    congratulations ken! i know exactly how you are feeling rightnow. i didn't get to see mine comin out of the mold but i saw it gettin wet sanded. like being a new father huh? brad

Cas
    Ken,
    Congrats! It's already looking great! I can't wait to see all the progress pictures up until the final product.
    I was thinking the same thing that Brad posted about being a new father as I was looking at the pictures.

MikeF
    Looking Great Ken!
    You can't beat a tunnel when it comes to on the water performance/ride. Hope all goes well together!
    Happy(er) days are ahead.

1Bahnerjet
    Sweet
    Would this be the same central cal. larry swablenland Cheyenne ?
    without any mods. like the same molds he used in the 70's ?
    & I know Painted race boats common but, could you spray boat in mold ? think it would be more durable.
    LOVE the floor.

Jake W
    Ken looks nice are the blue candies going to be fades or just a solid coat over the whole thing?
    So what did you say it weighed? (JK) I know your getting thear.
    Jake

Ken F
    Boy...so many questions! lol-just like a new dad, I love answering them!
    Jake, the blues are going to be pretty much like the paint on Brian's Eliminator.
    I'm sure we will know on the weight this week...Erv is as anxious to know as anybody!
    1Bahner-Larry Swablenland I'm not familiar with. Maybe Duane could help out here. I know it is the second version of the Cheyenne. On the paint, yes it would have probably been better to do it in Gel, but time was running short and so was money. My Buddy Ruggs has just opened a paint/gel shop for boats, and wanted to do an "advertisment" paint job for me, so people can see his work. I built him a paintbooth in trade, So that's the deal on that.
    Thanks for all the compliments on the new kid!
    Ken F

Jay321
    Ken, Wow!! Ervin called sunday to fill me in on the statis of your boat. It looks good, makes me alittle anxious about my new one. I can't wait to see your boat when its finished. Jay

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast