Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripe removal

Dat Dude
    The blue stripe was painted on top of the gel coat and clear. I would like to remove it and the ID numbers that are painted on the side as well. What would be the easiest way to remove without F'ing everything up? TIA for the help

sidewound
    I think the stripe looks ok. I've heard of people using a razor blade to do that. You'd probably end up doing a lot of sanding and buffing too.
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

Dat Dude
    I was a bunch of dings in it, especially around the back. Plus I am in a different state and will need to change the numbers that are painted on over the clear.

sidewound
    Better warm up the elbow and stock up on grease!
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

wiskvp
    Just have a sign shop make you some vinyl signs to put over the top of your old ones

Dat Dude
    Someone else told me that, I was afraid it might look cheap.

HalletDave
    Dat Dude,
    That boat sure looks a lot like a boat that was in the Boat Trader about a year ago. Posibly from the Bakersfield or San Juoquin Valley area of California.
    Nice looking boat.

Dat Dude
    It was in the boat trader. I bought it off a guy near Redwood. I am embarrassed of how much it has gone down hill since I bought it. The guy kept it in the garage all the time, and it was very clean. Since I have had it, I have blown the intake gasket twice, and it is leaking oil out the front now. One of the side tanks busted loose, so I have fiberglass dust everywhere from grinding the old mounts out. Haven't had a day off in two weeks to finish it. And I don't have a garage, so its been stored outside a bunch, and the wind blows my tarp off everyother day, and the gel coat is getting all faded out. Some degreaser got spilled all over the back seat focking them all up. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Since I bought it 1 year ago, I have hauled it to Texas, Wisconsin, and Kentucky all for work. So it is starting to get little chips all over the trailer and the back of hull. Hoping to slow up soon so I can work on it, and get it back to the point where I can take some pride in it again.

riverkc
    if that blue is over top of the original gel coat u can wet sand it with 600 wet and dry sandpaper and buff with compound try a small spot first. u might have to try several grits of paper 400 than600 t0 a 1000 than buff

Dat Dude
    I appreciate it, I think I will try the wet sanding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast