Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this engine?

Infomaniac
    Go to this thread in the v-drive section and voice your opinion please.
    Click here - only takes a moment

Eric455
    info give it to me as a gift come on man you know you have another one laying around you can work on.
    thanx eric

78Eliminator
    Eric455:
    info give it to me as a gift come on man you know you have another one laying around you can work on.
    thanx eric Dude, do you ever stop trying to get things for free? Aren't you the dick that stole the place diverter out from under me?

Eric455
    78Eliminator:
    Eric455:
    thanx eric Dude, do you ever stop trying to get things for free? Aren't you the dick that stole the place diverter out from under me? uhhhh.. no i'm not that DICK that stole the place diverterout from under you!!! why was it too hard for you to ask for info to gove you the engine fore free? lol...
    eric

Max_182
    A couple years ago I had a leaking head bolt scenario for a month or two before I finally took the time to figure it out. In that time though, I ran nearly every day for a few hours, hard passes and all. About once a week the oil would get to the point of looking like mayonaise and then I'd change it. Other than some minor surface discoloration from the moisture (early stages of rust essentially) there was no damage whatsoever. I have to assume that they do a good job of making oil! I just put it back together and it's been fine ever since. Oh, well other than a few other unrelated dramas . . .
    Rk

GofastRacer
    Info, I'm geting the idea you want to build a MOTOR here(I think), unless the funds are down, I'd freshen it up and stick it under the bench for a spare, that or just use it while you build the KILLER motor!. That's what I would do!..

Infomaniac
    GofastRacer:
    Info, I'm geting the idea you want to build a MOTOR here(I think), unless the funds are down, I'd freshen it up and stick it under the bench for a spare, that or just use it while you build the KILLER motor!. That's what I would do!.. Build a new one? How could you tell?
    Yes I am but I do not have all the funds. If I am going to build a new one, it will have to be one I will be happy with. This means tall deck (new blower manifold) Dart block (new oil pan, timing cover etc) Gen V bowtie stuff will not interchange. Not sure about the heads either. The bowtie heads have awesome port work but will they go on a Dart block?
    Did not want to spend money on this one. Everything checked out OK.
    Time for some pictures.
    This was Tuesday: [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Tuesday.jpg[/img]
    This was Wednesday: Infomaniac Jr. tightning down the blower.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Wednesday.jpg[/img]
    Thursday -set the timing - fired it off - checked for leaks and went to the lake. Ran the piss out of it.

GofastRacer
    Infomaniac:
    GofastRacer:
    Build a new one? How could you tell?
    Yes I am but I do not have all the funds. If I am going to build a new one, it will have to be one I will be happy with. This means tall deck (new blower manifold) Dart block (new oil pan, timing cover etc) Gen V bowtie stuff will not interchange. Not sure about the heads either. The bowtie heads have awesome port work but will they go on a Dart block?
    Did not want to spend money on this one. Everything checked out OK.
    Time for some pictures.
    This was Tuesday: [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Tuesday.jpg[/img]
    Thursday -set the timing - fired it off - checked for leaks and went to the lake. Ran the piss out of it. Yeah, I can relate to the funds dealio!..Well, depends on how much of a hard on you have for this new motor, you might want to sell it. I may be wrong but I don't think the Bowties will fit the Dart blocks? but if you're going to go all out here, you may as well go for the Dart heads also, make it complete and be happy! I think Info JR may agree, seems like he's got everything under control!!..

HighRoller
    I think that's really cool that Info Jr. is in on the mechanical goings on.I can just imagine when he's about 15 or 16 hangin at the lake and some guy pops off about his 600HP big block.I can see Info Jr. telling him"why don't you take that trolling motor somewhere else if you're trying to impress us gramps...I was wrenching on thousand HP blower motors when I was 10!!"

paradigm shift
    Time for some pictures.
    Info I always enjoy reading your posts and tips on motors. Which leads to my question. Looking at the top pic you run a drive hub (external balanced) only. No harmonic balancer I can see anyway. Just curious I run a similar set up internally balanced is all. How has that set up been working for you and for how long? Nice to see JR involved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast