Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MACH 34 142 mph!

GLWBEAR
    I finally decided to spend my inheiritance (hahaha) and burn enough gas to buy one of those Saudi Palaces. We took the boat out this weekend and gas'ed it up with the good stuff and we ran 142 mph with a full load of fuel. People in the Stockton channel where we ran were amazed as we blasted by. I'm very safe and we'd never do this on a weekend.
    Some guy in a 32 Skater along side us at about 90 mph and wanted to race and I just powered away no sweat and left him in the dust. Later on we saw the guy again and he was running a pair of Mercury 900 SC motors with 6 drives.
    We ran out of propellers as we were hitting the Rev-limiters at 6,200 rpms and the Boat wanted to go faster. We've got Teague 1050 Blower motors with #-6 drives. Maybe I'll try a set of 36 five blade Herrings from a friend of mine. We're running 4 blade super labed round ear cleavers and the boat loves it.
    My wife almost shit nickles when she saw the GPS and it said 142 mph! The motors only have 18 hours on them and it seems they are finally getting broken in and run GREAT!
    We're off to the Races back east and to have a wonderful summer.
    Everyone have a great and SAFE sumer.
    Everyone is crying about insurance when we're paying $6,000 a year! No tickets, no accidents, no nothing. I can imagine if you had a couple of tickets and say a DUI. Like over $10,000 a year if that! To afford our boat insurance we don't drink, so we save a ton of $$, we don't drive, a friend picks us up and takes us to the Lake, so again we save a ton of $$, we don't cus, no savings! we don't smoke, so we put the money we save in the Gas Tank, we don't eat, so we're skinny and light as air so the Boat really hauls ass, and without dong all those BAD things we can afford the Boat insurance.
    Now just think if all you guys did the same thing how much money you'd save!

Havasu Cig
    A 32 Skater with 900's should be running well into the 150's with that power.
    Sounds like your boat is running great though, be careful.

Robbie Racer
    Hey GLW, very nice numbers. Congratulations. I think I ran into a buddy of yours up on the delta a couple of weekends ago. My girlfriend and I were with with my buddy and his wife in his new HTM. We noticed that the power steering pump pulley bolt was coming loose. We asked your buddy if we could use his dock to tie up to for a few minutes until we tightened the bolt. He said sure and both he and his wife (forgot their names now) were very nice (even loaned us an allen wrench to tighten the bolt). Come to find out they used to live here in Gilroy where we live. We got to talking about fast cats and your name came up. He said your boat is really nice. Are you still planning on moving to the Lake of the Ozarks?
    Regarding your comments on insurance. I have never had a DUI, have 25+ years of boating experience (15 in tunnel boats) and have no tickets on my record yet I can't get insurance at any price on my 25' cat. They don't seem to mind 30' and above boats going 120+ but if you have a boat in the 25' range that can exceed 120 mph, forget it. Congratulations again on the impressive speed numbers.
    Does anyone else with a 24' to 26' single engine cat that can exceed 120 mph have insurance? If so, how did you get it? I even offered to give all the "standard" auto/home insurance companies all of my insurance business if they would insure my boat. They all said something to the effect of "no way". R/R

XTRM22
    GLWBEAR, I think Your my new hero! Congrats on that huge number! I ran 63 with a full tank of fuel and a big breakfast this weekend!
    Chuck

Charley
    how big was the breakfast Chuck?

XTRM22
    Originally posted by Charley
    how big was the breakfast Chuck?
    Breakfast Burrito and a beer, any more and I'd have only been able to run 61! Wise guy
    Chuck

Three Days Only
    Charley,
    A Nor-Tech 36' cat with twin 1100's, #6's /1.35 Gears, and 38P herings ran 160.5 this last weekend. You should see it out in Havi in 2 weeks.
    Jeff

Charley
    blingedy bling blang!

Reaper1
    Damn 160! King Ding A Ling.

Sandbar Mike
    Originally posted by Three Days Only
    Charley,
    A Nor-Tech 36' cat with twin 1100's, #6's /1.35 Gears, and 38P herings ran 160.5 this last weekend. You should see it out in Havi in 2 weeks.
    Jeff
    God Dam I wish I was shot in the ass with dollars. Do you have any pics of that monster?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast