Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else running HEI on there jet?

wet77
    I was thinking of installing a Mallory HEI ingnition on my jet boat, its an open motor application.
    Anyone else run one before

MudPumper
    MSD only way to go!!!!

wet77
    MSD HEI

1Bahnerjet
    anyone else running HEI on there jet?
    yes...

i went from mallory to hei during the first year that my boat was together, i noticed the hei fired the motor mush easier and made the throttle responce quicker!
    all i know is what worked better for my appl! wether it was because of the ignition change, or some other variable...i liked the hei better!
    now i will have MSD with the new motor ! im curious to see how much of a difference the boat will handle with new power!
    im pulling for the middle of june! (fingers X'ed) lol

wet77
    Sounds good on the + feedback

berk
    got HEI on my sbc. someone told me its better than MSD but i dont know. HEI seems to work flawlessly though! cleaner install too.

from what i was told...you dont want to use hei if you plan to rev higher that 6K rpm but what the hell do i know!
    that is why i pay someone to build my motors! (yes thats right...isaid "PAY") lol
    todd

Bow Tie Omega
    My little brother had a stock HEI on his 454. He had the same typical problems you hear about, started missing after running for about 15 minutes at rpm's above about 4000 rpm, it would idle like crap also. He purchased the Performance Distributors 50,000 volt coil and internals for the distributor. The motor ran perfectly after that, no miss, more rpm and a perfect idle after running an hour plus without a break, with improved acceleration. He made a believer out of me with the HEI, there was no down side to it with the kit. Granted, this was a basically stock 454.

BigBoyToys
    I have ran a Flamethrower HEI on a BBC in the past, and it was OK. But, I've noticed an increase in power going to the complete MSD system. Little bit harder starting with the MSD over the HEI, but I just got a bigger battery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast