Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu Channel Boats

burtandnancy
    Taking a wild guess, I think Full House is a 46 Outerlimits (out of the east coast, Conneticut I think). It could have been only a 42, but sure looked big, on the beach and on the trailer...

BoatPI
    If anyone has a photo of "Full House" please post it. Thanks. I would be interested in the engine power too. It apperaed to have blown staggered twins. The hatch was closed. Sounded sweet.

boatless
    Yes, there is a size limit of 34'. But I have seen a sign posted no boats larger than 36' on the island side of the channel. Yes, the Lake Havasu P.D. does enforce the limit. As for seeing the larger boats over the weekend during the HeatWave - I get a special channel permit for the event.
    Burtandnancy - It was good hanging out with you on spectator point during the start - sorry I was busy and didn't get a chance to talk more.

Chase
    Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
    Ive seen people use a big beach towel before. Never done it myself, but it make more sence than using old carpet.
    Tom and DS, these are both grweat ideas that I hadn't thought of...Tom you are a smart man, I can tell that you are from Sask. with thinking like that

AZmike
    I think there's a sign at the entrance that says 36 ft. Its over by the lightpost at the campground side of the channel. North entrance

Tom Brown
    Originally posted by Chase
    I can tell that you are from Sask. with thinking like that
    Hey... there's no call for that kind of treatment.

Chase
    That is a compliment Tom

Three Days Only
    Originally posted by BoatPI
    I saw "Full House" in the channel late Friday. Where are they from? One of the nicest boats I have ever seen on the lake.
    It is a 47' Outerlimits GTX. I was told by a good source that the owner of Tatum Motorsports bought the boat, but never heard the info first hand. Sweet ride. Most likely staggered sterlings, knowing Outerlimits there big.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ve_042-med.jpg

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by boatless
    Yes, there is a size limit of 34'. But I have seen a sign posted no boats larger than 36' on the island side of the channel. Yes, the Lake Havasu P.D. does enforce the limit. As for seeing the larger boats over the weekend during the HeatWave - I get a special channel permit for the event.
    Burtandnancy - It was good hanging out with you on spectator point during the start - sorry I was busy and didn't get a chance to talk more.
    I have never had a problem in the channel and we have owned our current boat for more than 2 years. I have been contacted for other reasons, and they have never said anything about the size of our boat.
    There are a few other large V's that are in the Channel almost every weekend as well, so I have a hard time believing it is enforced.

BoatPI
    Thanks for the Outerlimits info. A phot would be sweet. I liked the deck of cards%$#@#$!
    On the large boats, i beleive the same is occurring, selective enforcement. They are special craft and generally do not cause a traffic issue as most side tie at the LB Resort. We all need to remember that tourism is the $$ to the city, and the cops are respectful to this and professional conduct of big boat owner/operators.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast