Thread: Header Clearance Problems

eliminator777
    I've got Lighting Headers for my daycruiser I'm having a problem with valve covers I have Sheet metal VC. M/T VC. Edlebrock VC. I run Jessel rockers .Out of the 3 sets of Valve covers I have Sheet metal and M/T hit headers, Edlebrock Hit the rockers I've cut almost every thing from in side?

hack job
    b&b make a set that have a angel on them and will alllow for larger valve train ( aka rockers) and will still allow for lighting headers i have a set of lightings on my ford but seeing as how i use a adapter to allow chevy headers to fit on my ford they do not cause a problem.
    iam pretty sure these will solve your problem but cant be sure . these valve covers arent cheep either like 175 and up! good luck! wink

flat broke
    Hack Job is right,
    Call George or Sheri at Clay Smith and have them send you a set of B&B valve covers desinged to clear the IMCO exhaust. They'll probably do the trick for ya. You could also get the IMCO units from Rex/Teague/CP, but I think (don't quote me) Clay Smith had pretty good pricing on them.
    The other way to skin the cat would be to machine an exhaust flange spacer. Basically a half inch (or however much space you need to get your lightnings off your valvecovers) plate that sits between your headers and block. If you can't find em anywhere some of us on the boards could probably make em and for ya and come out cheaper than a new set of valve covers.
    Good luck,
    Chris

superdave013
    I have a set of IMCO's that are new. They are pretty much like the BB angled deals. I'll post a pic of them when I get to work on Monday. I'll make someone a good deal on them.

Party Cat
    I still need a set to go with the cmi's I got from ya earlier this year. You got mail.....
    C YA

flat broke
    I've seen the valvecovers Superdave is talking about and they are CLEAN. The damn things look brand new. If I needed a set, I'd definitely snatch his up.
    Chris

superdave013
    flat broke:
    I've seen the valvecovers Superdave is talking about and they are CLEAN. The damn things look brand new. If I needed a set, I'd definitely snatch his up.
    ChrisThey are brand new. Just been setting in my garage. I'll post the pics when I get to work.

sdba069
    I'd recommend the Imco's.I use them on all our water-jacketed header applications for BBC's

Mn Howard Cat
    I'D try a set of Teague's I have them on my Howard and I had a set of Lighting's and now I have a set of CMI's both header clear with out a problem.