Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hemi Ram

GottaJet
    I just wanted to get some opinions/experiences on Dodge trucks the hemi in paticular. Good? Bad? Ugly? Thanks GJ

Kilrtoy
    Looks cool, but no first hand knowledge

Tom Brown
    I second that, Kilr. They look way better than the Ford.

Moneypitt
    Ask Gary, (e ticket). He has a new 1 ton with the hemi. It certainly runs well, and tows like a dream. The 4 wheel drive came in handy at the Parker race last weekend as well. If you contact him, ask him about the long lost lumbar support in the drivers seat................Probably 10-12 I-40 trips already, no complaints, and it really has "that" sound...............Moneypitt

vdrivenman
    we HAD a 2003 3/4 ton heavy duty. in the flat country of se Texas it did ok, but in the hills and mountains with a load a POS.
    powerband is too narrow, shifted way too much. after a trip to sturgis & yellowstone the trans & rearend were toast. plus 8-9 mpg empty or loaded . they Dodge bought it back from us. we went back to the 1-ton cummins. the ONLY truck to own. we had one proir to the 3/4 and since wifey pays the note she wanted to trade. after 2 hours behind the wheel fighting the hemi, she traded as soon as we got home !
    spend the funds on a diesel !
    we have 2004 wi th H/O cummins, great truck !

Mandelon
    One of the guys at work has a 2004 1500, 4 door with the Hemi. It seems to haul ass just fine when he drives me around. He's towed our equipment trailer around without complaint.
    It would definitely tow your new boat without a problem. You would feel it on the hills, but I bet it could keep 55 without a problem coming back over the fwy 8 grade.
    I can arrange a test tow if you need.
    -->Man (sure is being nice lately ) <--delon

NOTALENT
    I love the Hemi but I would watch out..They have a huge recall on there engines right now. they had such a high demand they started to build them to quick and messed up alot of the engines. Not sure what exactly but I would get with ur dealer and check on it..

dmontzsta
    I think they look nice and seem to be a good truck.
    But I am sick of all the stupid owners playing in to the hype and thinking they are race cars. I run in to about 3 per day that want to race me on the way to or from work, I love beating them down and putting them back in their place.
    Good truck, but some owners are just dumb by it.

ratso
    Originally posted by Tom Brown
    I second that, Kilr. They look way better than the Ford.
    ROTFLMAO!

Outnumbered
    The Rams are nice trucks but stay away from the Hemi. The tranny is the weak link. The Cummins is way better and has the beefy tranny. We have near 20K on ours and its still tight and has no problems. We had a 2004 Ford Exploder as a rental recently with only 5k on the clock. It had more rattles and was way looser than our 2003 Dodge. The build quality has come a long way in the last few years since they were merged with Daimler (AKA MBZ).
    Get the Diesel.
    OL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast