Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hemi Ram

DoubleDown
    Well, Here is my 2 cents on the Dodge trucks. My story is... I've been driving my parents' 2003 Dodge Ram Quadcab 1500 with the HEMI for the last 8 months. The truck is fully loaded and I loved it. It's interior is quiet, the stock exhaust sounds beefy on the outside. I had zero problems with the truck, It was fast, rides really smooth and I couldnt have been happier... So I thought. My parents decided to give the new ram to my 16 year old brother. That was a major downer to me. Ive always had trucks and now i was going to have to get something else. Well, long story short, I went in for an oil change on the HEMI the weekend after they told me the bad news. Well... I didnt leave with the HEMI. My dad came to pick up the HEMI from the dealership and I left with my 2004 Dodge Ram Quadcab 2500 with the new HO Cummins Diesel. I am much happier with this truck than the HEMI. Essentially theyre the same truck, I got this one fully loaded too. But, the diesel has way more power, gets better gas mileage, and can tow pretty much anything with a hitch. Now, for the books, both trucks have the 4:10 gear ratio in the back. The Diesel is much heavier obviously and it pulls harder than the HEMI does. Unfortunately, gas prices are now higher for diesel, but, the diesel seems to get 15+ miles a gallon no matter how i drive it. The HEMI got 10-12. Now, it all depends on what you need the truck for, however, Dodge outdid their HEMI with the Diesel. I am very impressed and very happy with it. If youre in southern california, I recommend Tuttle Click Dodge in Irvine. We bought both trucks from them and had great experiences both times, Talk to the sales manager Marcello. My neighbor has the 2500 with the HEMI and he gets under 10 miles a gallon with it. It's the 1500 with less power and performance. All i'm saying is, if you get a 1500 with a HEMI, you'll love the truck. If you get a 2500 GET THE NEW HO DIESEL. You can't go wrong. OK, so that was more like 10 cents. But, good luck and if you have any questions, just ask.
    DD

superdave013
    I have a Dodge hemi 1/2 ton and I like it.
    It's snappy and fun to drive. I've towed with it a few times and it does ok. I'm pretty jadded as the 496 in my surban (when it runs) has way way more pulling power.
    But when paired up next to each other empty the dodge will kick it's ass.
    I drove the dodge over the Grapevine today empty. It scoots right up it both ways @ 85+ no problem.
    They are nice trucks. Love the inside of the cab, the storage under the back seat is nice and the fold down cargo deal under the back seat slick too. The bed is nice and deep. And the rack and pinion steering is kick ass!
    Mine gets around 10MPG around town. It will do a little better if I baby it (that will never happen).
    I got mine from McPeek's in Anaheim.

dankirk
    I've had my 2004 1500 Ram Quad-Cab with the HEMI since December. I've put about 4000 miles on it. This is the first Dodge that I've owned, after a long line of Chevy's. I love this truck. It sounds, runs, and looks alot better than the other trucks, IMHO. It is just fun to drive.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C01056-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C01062-med.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...C01188-med.JPG

GottaJet
    Thanks Guys I think you might have me convinced..The wife however will be a little tougher and unfortunately that's my job GJ

6 balls
    I've had my '04 1500 Hemi since November. It's also my first Dodge and am pretty happy with it. I have put on 12,000 miles without any problems yet.
    As you can see, the truck will not see much in the way of towing, as we usually tow the toys with the motorhome.
    Lowered 2/4 with Hotchkis kit, this truck handles like a sports car (well... maybe a big sports car)!
    Doug
    http://members.cox.net/dla/images/dlaram0.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/dla/images/dlaram1.jpg

6 balls
    Oh yea, Without babying it I average 15 mpg city and have gotten up to 19 on the highway.

gnarley
    Originally posted by 6 balls
    Oh yea, Without babying it I average 15 mpg city and have gotten up to 19 on the highway.
    And what's the rated tow capacity on that?

6 balls
    Originally posted by gnarley
    And what's the rated tow capacity on that?
    Dodge say's 9,200 lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12